The Greatest RC Car of all time

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understandable. They seem top notch.

My old man has a cane he always threatens me with. And my sister is always hitting me. I'm ready. 🤣
If you lived nearby, you'd likely have the Jato already. I would like to strip it down one of these days and rebuild it.

Kyosho!
Because the price of there parts cost more than for a real car.
Kyosho-Integra-4WD-Vanning-3058-Action3.jpg

It was 1987 and i went into a local hobby shop and i bought a new Kyosho Assault nitro its was my first nitro purchase.
I went back to the shop and bought a new Body, tires, alloy clutch bell, fuel...and a piece of string to start it.
I walk out with a empty wallet.

It was 1987 and i went into a local hobby shop and i bought a new Kyosho Assault nitro its was my first nitro purchase.
I went back to the shop and bought a new Body, tires, alloy clutch bell, fuel...and a piece of string to start it.
I walk out with a empty wallet.
Oh yeah, Kyosho prices were out there in the 80's. But they were also way ahead of every other kit out at the time in terms of quality and design. In my opinion, they were the Ferrari of RC kits. And that was the general opinion around the hobby shop here too. So they were pricey. The funny thing is the Legendary kits are actually cheaper today than they were back then.

It's funny you shared a Vanning pic. My buddy had one that would hit 80 mph. His dad built him a huge track for it on their property that was a blast to drive the Vanning on. Not So much with my Javelin. The Vanning was a big RC, so the track was more like a big 1/8 scale setup, designed for that 80 mph buggy.

Last edited:
The answer is 'elementary'. The "greatest RC of all time" is the moat-recently-purchased RC, which I build-up into "something better than it was"...that is, until I start the process over with the next RC.

Back