So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EAC6EE7F-02F3-49E7-BCF1-F4D84347318F.jpeg
1A5F145E-6B83-4558-8CFC-78AB170647C9.jpeg

Cleaned up our new bashing spot, thinking this is where I’ll do our track. Built another ramp too.

67168173-8723-4EB1-B9B2-28D325389710.jpeg

Ran a pack thru em, gotta stop and make dinner, gonna get the tmaxx out later. Keep shredding tires on the mt8 🙄 and the body is done for 😂

Edit: what do I need to do on the mt8 to keep the front end down? Thicker fluid in center diff? Also got a receiver coming for it should be in tomorrow, to get it off the stock radio and maybe I can mess with settings there?

Ran a pack thru em, gotta stop and make dinner, gonna get the tmaxx out later. Keep shredding tires on the mt8 🙄 and the body is done for 😂

Edit: what do I need to do on the mt8 to keep the front end down? Thicker fluid in center diff? Also got a receiver coming for it should be in tomorrow, to get it off the stock radio and maybe I can mess with settings there?
You can lower your ESC's punch setting a tad. More pre-load in the rear might help to keep the weight from transferring to the rear so much. Heavier shock fluid in the rear could also help slow down the rear squatting, and transferring weight. Lighter rear diff fluid would make for a little more slippage of the rear tire getting the least traction. Changing your tires to something with a little less grip will help too. I know you run in grass a lot. The somewhat standard or common tread pattern on most trucks is similar to the Badlands, which is great on dirt and gravel, but very grippy in grass. Something more like Duratrax Hatchets are a bit more suited to running in grass, and easier on your drivetrain in grass. You could possibly get a slight bit of drift going with Hatchets in grass. You'll never get that with Badlands or similar. The lugs wrap the grass up and that makes for very little slippage.

Or simply learn throttle control 😉😛😜

Edit: I see tires on the MT8 that actually do look pretty good for grass. So try some of the other stuff.

You can lower your ESC's punch setting a tad.

Can I do this on the stock esc? Maybe I should read the manual 😂. I would love to blame it on throttle control, but it ain’t that, it just instantly wheelies no matter how you try to accel. There is adjustment on radio that helps but it slows it down too.

Can I do this on the stock esc? Maybe I should read the manual 😂. I would love to blame it on throttle control, but it ain’t that, it just instantly wheelies no matter how you try to accel. There is adjustment on radio that helps but it slows it down too.
Well hmm. No it doesn't say anything in the manual about settings. Do you have the SC1500-BL in there?

Well hmm. No it doesn't say anything in the manual about settings. Do you have the SC1500-BL in there?
Yeah that’s the esc in it. I also question the tx/rx too cause the steering is kinda stupid on it too. Already tried a different servo, still the same…

E5DEA62D-D2E5-4468-AAAF-7941BEBFC289.jpeg

Well I didn’t mess with getting the tmaxx out after dinner, but it ran in spirit 😂. The mt8 body is done for. The old tmaxx body isn’t much better, but it worked 😂

So maybe it’s just normal 🤣

Is it just the tires are crap? This is what it keeps doing to the fronts, and I’m guessing it’s just cause they balloon like crazy when it wheelies.
E87EDD75-7F86-4B73-9474-E3CB51FE7131.jpeg

We also have only ran it on 4s. I guess I could really care less about the wheelie issue if I could just keep tires on it. Should I just look at belted tires maybe?

So maybe it’s just normal 🤣

Is it just the tires are crap? This is what it keeps doing to the fronts, and I’m guessing it’s just cause they balloon like crazy when it wheelies.
View attachment 193423
We also have only ran it on 4s. I guess I could really care less about the wheelie issue if I could just keep tires on it. Should I just look at belted tires maybe?
If that has a center diff, put heavier fluid in it. Front tires come off the ground... no traction on them, so they get all the power.

Thanks! Will give it a shot. Only got 100k on hand, just ordered some 500k.
You can try a mix of the 100 and 500 and see if there is a happy mixture you like.

If something ain't broke you didn't run it right
That's what I tell myself anyways lol
Those magic days when nothing breaks are scary to me
I'm sure I broke something...just not visibly
Could you picture me with a nitro???? Instant explosion

View attachment 193320
Just put that smoke you have on your desk out and you should be good. If a nitro won't go up with a lit cigarette blocking the carb of a running nitro you should be fine. 🤣🫠

Just put that smoke you have on your desk out and you should be good. If a nitro won't go up with a lit cigarette blocking the carb of a running nitro you should be fine. 🤣🫠
Majin Jr needs a nitro😂 nothing beats the smell of nitro burning in the morning 😂

1D431AC4-2F34-4186-9577-1333B8678E84.jpeg

Did get one of the pieces in for it and got it back for now. Love and hate this thing 🤣.

6F813884-021A-4A3F-843C-C3AF004ADE12.jpeg

2990543A-2357-4025-A94C-DE3D55A53706.jpeg

They all get to play today 😁

Last edited:
So @WickedFog, back the the mt8…got the new receiver today and got it set up with the flysky g7p.. did the calibration, throttle control is night and day difference on this radio, but now I don’t have reverse…what did I do wrong 🤣

So @WickedFog, back the the mt8…got the new receiver today and got it set up with the flysky g7p.. did the calibration, throttle control is night and day difference on this radio, but now I don’t have reverse…what did I do wrong 🤣
A good driver does not need reverse. My nitro sport taught me to lock it up and whip it at speed. That's how we back up. 🤣

Hmm. Are you pushing the trigger forward twice? Push forward for brake. Return to neutral. Push forward again for reverse.

Back