So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’re right, we need reverse 🤣

Yep, nothing. Everything else works fine
Do your calibration again, just in case. Make sure your throttle trim is at zero. I am sure it is, but ya never know.

Do your calibration again, just in case. Make sure your throttle trim is at zero. I am sure it is, but ya never know.
Have tried it multiple times, still nothing

I’m gonna swap it to a different tx/rx and see what happens.

Edit:does the same thing with the gt3b

Last edited:
Have tried it multiple times, still nothing

I’m gonna swap it to a different tx/rx and see what happens.

Edit:does the same thing with the gt3b
Well dayum. The ESC doesn't have any settings that I am seeing. Try reversing the throttle and recalibrating just to see what happens. Be careful you don't launch it off the bench 😉

Well dayum. The ESC doesn't have any settings that I am seeing. Try reversing the throttle and recalibrating just to see what happens. Be careful you don't launch it off the bench 😉
So I don’t know what I did that actually fixed it 🤣 the esc doesn’t calibrate exactly like the manual says. When it gets to the brake set, it doesn’t time out after 3 seconds like manual says, it goes back to neutral set. So I went thru it like 3 times in row then cut it off, switched it back on and now we got reverse 😂

So I don’t know what I did that actually fixed it 🤣 the esc doesn’t calibrate exactly like the manual says. When it gets to the brake set, it doesn’t time out after 3 seconds like manual says, it goes back to neutral set. So I went thru it like 3 times in row then cut it off, switched it back on and now we got reverse 😂
That's what it was then. Good to know.

Did you calibrate it like this?

Last edited:
That thing is so much better to drive now, way more control. The stock radio no matter how you tried to accelerate it would just stand straight up, hitting the jumps was unpredictable. It’s much better now

That's what it was then. Good to know.

Did you calibrate it like this?

Just saw that video you posted. I did it like that yes, but on mine when I got done with the brake set, the esc doesn’t flash like the video and stop, it would just cycle back to the neutral set.

Last edited:
That thing is so much better to drive now, way more control. The stock radio no matter how you tried to accelerate it would just stand straight up, hitting the jumps was unpredictable. It’s much better now

Just saw that video you posted. I did it like that yes, but on mine when I got done with the brake set, the esc doesn’t flash like the video and stop, it would just cycle back to the neutral set.
The calibration doesn't take effect til you turn it off. Were you trying to run it without cycling the power? Just trying to understand why it was acting up.

The calibration doesn't take effect til you turn it off. Were you trying to run it without cycling the power? Just trying to understand why it was acting up.
Yeah I was. I’ll try to explain it 🤣

So mine didn’t react like the video does. The first few times thru calibration when reverse didn’t work, I did it just like video. On video after the brake point set, the led turns green and it stops. On mine after the brake point set it didn’t do that and it goes back to neutral set. So those first few times I did the calibration I just went thru once, when it would go back to the neutral set I would cut it off. Everything worked fine except reverse…

so I swapped the gt3b receiver into it and did the single calibration like above and still same thing, all worked but reverse. So put the g7p receiver back in, ran thru the calibration like three times in a row, the esc still never flashed green after brake set, it would still go back to neutral set. After that third time I cut it off and turned it back on and it had reverse.

(Hope it kinda makes sense 😂)

Side note, the g7p has a beginner mode (yeah I coulda turned it down on the stock tx too) but my little girl got to run the mt8 on that and she had a blast, little more machine then her granite even slowed down

Last edited:
I ran some old, SLOW stuff today. Turns out that the best durability upgrade to a 2wd Traxxas is to run a tired 20t Stinker can!

20240701_111542.jpg

20240701_111621.jpg

20240701_105946.jpg

Took the Old Man out to attempt the wicked bridge
We failed a lot but succeeded as well
At the cost of
1 rock pirates front shock tower
1 rear axle EDIT: 42060 Lower 4-Link Mount was what i broke, axle itself is just fine.
1 new hole in body
Back to the bench!!!

20240701_222140.jpg

20240701_222128.jpg

20240701_222036.jpg

20240701_222019.jpg

Last edited:
Back