Infraction 6s on a banked oval track.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I got the switch all wired up. I still need to add another Y cord for the transponder. I’m getting worried about all the stuff running through the rx. I might run a separate battery for all the fans and BS stuff.
But let’s see how it goes.
I am not sure if I will actually use them in a race. First off I don’t really have the brain power to do it . Secondly it would only look good after it gets dark. And I don’t want to put everyone into the wall by lighting up my front wheels. It would be kinda funny but I would probably be the first one to crash.
But it is cool looking and I will definitely get a video of it or at least photos.

View attachment 191338

View attachment 191340
Man that's as cool as it gets.

Out at the track on a Saturday night. The cars are running really well.
The infraction with four S is still over powered. I am drifting and fighting all the way around. I have to rotate the tires before the first race. I switched to three S and it’s like driving a dream. Still tons of passing power but able to hold a tight line. Four S was a best of 5.8 seconds lap with most above 6 seconds. With three S it was consistent 6.0-6.2 and easy to drive. I’m going to use three S for the first heats anyway.

The short corse truck is at a whole new level with these tires. But I’m afraid the adapters will fail.

IMG_5825.jpeg

IMG_5828.jpeg

IMG_5827.jpeg

IMG_5826.jpeg

Last edited:
Holly crap I’m getting killed

I got flipped over and lost three laps. My roof took a hit. I had to go back to four S and learn to drive it.
Finished forth place but only two laps down so I have a chance in the main event.

The stadium truck is good but totally lacking power. Once I get the hubs sorted out I am going three S on that. The rig is super solid but out classed. If there is a crash and I’m not involved I might have a chance. Otherwise it just a good try.

image.jpg

Ouch on the roof! But if it was easy it wouldn't be fun. You'll get it down, you always do. :thumbs-up:
The competition is pretty stiff . And some of the heavy hitters and not here. I think I’m going to have to loose some weight or something.
I’m 3rd and 4th going into the main event.

Arrma rigs to tend to run on the heavy side.

The competition is pretty stiff . And some of the heavy hitters and not here. I think I’m going to have to loose some weight or something.
I’m 3rd and 4th going into the main event.

I’m think about using my speed run car next time. It’s an easy 2 pounds lighter.

That was a great night of racing.
The weather was perfect. Everyone was driving really well. Very little crashing and bashing.
I am just getting used to the track. If the Infraction can do something cool it will.
It’s accelerated really hard. It throws sparks. It will drift through a turn so smoothly.
With three S I can drive full throttle. Four S and I can’t touch the tires if I try to drive too hard. It is really like full scale racing.

I got third with the Infraction and fourth with the Stadium truck.

Time to get serious.

I’m going back this weekend with a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
I got my speed run car all set for the small oval. Going with a single motor for this small track. But I need to test the handling. The electronics are a MonsterX ESC and a castle 1515-2200 4 pole motor. On 4s.

Two weeks ago I got third place with my basically stock Infraction. Now I’m going to use this and see how it does. The fast guys will be there and this is the first time out . I will bring my stock Infraction if this thing is not safe. But it should rip. It scales out great. And it’s two pounds lighter than stock without the handbrake and all that stuff.

IMG_5850.jpeg

IMG_5849.jpeg

The motor arrives today!! I am working from home and basically waiting for the mail.
I am going to run the first race on 3s with a 15 tooth pinion and a 46 tooth spur. I forgot I put a spool in the center diff. I did that for the speed run and dual
Motors. Not sure how it will do turning on an oval track.
I have a 46 tooth spur coming so j can put a center diff in . But for this weekend it will be a spool in the center diff.
It will be a good idea to test that anyhow.

I’m running GRP Mx4 slicks with a medium temp rating. The track will be warm so I hope that’s good.
Really excited to run this giant pan car around a banked track. Need one of those GPS things to measure speed .

That sucker should scream on 4s with a 3.06 gear. Be a rim rider.

Know what I am attaching is not RC. Thinking you and the guys might like seeing it. My latest Ebay 1:64 IndyCar purchase. Iowa being my home state and the Newton tri-oval as my home track for the IndyCar series, couldn't pass on buying this. Event car from the 2010 event all decked out in 'corny' livery.

Cheers and Good Luck. -AC

20240618_081240_crop and resize.jpg

That sucker should scream on 4s with a 3.06 gear. Be a rim rider.

Know what I am attaching is not RC. Thinking you and the guys might like seeing it. My latest Ebay 1:64 IndyCar purchase. Iowa being my home state and the Newton tri-oval as my home track for the IndyCar series, couldn't pass on buying this. Event car from the 2010 event all decked out in 'corny' livery.

Cheers and Good Luck. -AC

View attachment 192393
I have not lived in Iowa long but I really like it here. It’s very cold so don't anyone move here . And there are tornadoes all the time.

When I tested the car on the street, it went really straight. And the acceleration was like a fast forward video for the first couple seconds. But when I tried to turn around it was very stable and made no effort to slide at all. I felt the need to slow down and turn which it did and made a very nice 180 turn in a three lane road. But if I stayed on the gas it felt like it would not have turned. I am guessing that is because I have a center spool rather than a diff.

I have a center diff but it has a 50 tooth spur gear and 46 is what am want. That will arrive tomorrow post office willing.

I ordered some cheap metal diffs a while ago. Total disaster. Wrong gear ratio and when I tried to open them up the screws stripped the head. So I tossed them in a bag. You that drawer everyone has full of anodized shocks and crap.

So I’m in bed and I realize if I can get four glued in broken screws out of a tiny piece of crap metal toy. I can use it to make a metal center diff. Saving five of the ten dollars I waisted on the crap in the first place.
After a late night and early morning fight…

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

IMG_5861.jpeg

IMG_5860.jpeg

IMG_5859.jpeg

IMG_5858.jpeg

I put everything together and it did not seem to hurt the acceleration. I switched to a 17 tooth pinion and changed the spool for a diff.

It is such a beast and just goes where ever I point it. Hard to say if it turns better. I did a really quick 180 and it was moving pretty fast . The track will tell.

I also added some more cooling. Going into the summer I want to be prepared.

I mounted a dual fan system pointing down at the motor and between the battery.
I made holes in the base of the windshield hoping to get the high pressure air in for the fans. It can exit at the rear around the rear diffuser.

IMG_5862.jpeg

IMG_5864.jpeg

IMG_5865.jpeg

IMG_5866.jpeg

Back