Infraction 6s on a banked oval track.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting some details added. I like to have an indicator light for the battery. Plus the little red light looks kinda cool.

Everything is checking out pretty good. 2deg of camber on all four corners. I might change that after I drive it . I have a lot of caster but I’m leaving that for now.
Ride height is down between 15-20mm.

It scales out well .
The heavy one is a stock Infraction. If I try to remove weight from the right rear I add it to the left front. Because the motor and servos are on the right side.
This chassis is totally left side bias so it scales out for oval racing very well and 400 grams lighter is nice. Same body.

IMG_5867.jpeg

IMG_5854.jpeg

IMG_5855.jpeg

The race tonight was canceled due to rain. But I get there early enough to got a bunch of testing done.

The rig is fast but not great. On 3S it is solid and pretty fast. I am able to drive anywhere on the track. And the tires are happy.
4S is a differs story the acceleration is great but then I’m going to fast and I have to let up. Once you let off the throttle the backend starts to rotate and I can make a tighter turn. But that put a lot of heat into the tires.
Plus there is a noticeable bounce form the back that can’t be helping.
I can’t race with the back end this loose. Gotta fix this.
First off I am going with the GRP MX7 rather than the MX4. Higher number is hotter temp reacting. But there are harder.
I made a five minute full speed test going as fast as I could on 4S. After the test I pulled the body. I could touch the motor and ESC but could not touch the tires. They were hot. Motor 150 deg and the ESC is at 170. So I’m safe there. But I won’t last three races with the tires.

So I got hotter tires
I am going to go to a softer spring in the rear. Thicker oil ?
Gotta look into the three differential oil weights and try to get the front end to over steer under power. Without spinning the tires.

I did not get a timer running but if you look at the power curves the giant dips are the corner entry. They are four seconds apart. Five seconds is a really fast lap. If this is running fives out of the gat I am happy with that.
IMG_5870.jpeg

IMG_5873.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

IMG_5871.jpeg

Last edited:
Back