Infraction 6s on a banked oval track.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I bought a 6s Blx V2 infraction brand new in the box. I want to race on the local big asphalt oval track about 1/2 hour away. The track is rough but awesome. The Infraction goes into the class with the 1/8 scale GT race cars unless there is enough 1/7 scale to make a class.

I did some testing with 6 s and melted the rear tires drifting around the track. I tried racing it with 6 s and it’s just to much. So much power out of the turn it’s hard to keep straight. And when you do get through the turn and accelerate. It gets going to fast for the tight turns. Three S was not great but very smooth. I was full throttle most of the time and just could not keep up in the straight away.

So I bought a four S battery for the next race.

I tried the stock body but it is very heavy. So I changed that to a lighter truck body. The truck has bad aero characteristics. Not enough down force and I notice it with my 1/0’scale oval pan cars. So I changed to a Mustang body.

Racing this big truck is beyond a thrill. The other cars a super fast and the drivers are good. I managed third place in my first race. Using 6s . Second race I stuck with 3 s for the main and finished forth.

IMG_5788.jpeg

IMG_5757.jpeg

I've been wanting one of theese for so long it feels like, i want it even more now!! do you have a youtube with videos of this beast in action bro?
Dangit @majin , pace yourself, we talked about this! 🤣

I've been wanting one of theese for so long it feels like, i want it even more now!! do you have a youtube with videos of this beast in action bro?
I’ll get some videos of it in the track Saturday night.
Based on todays testing it’s gonna rock.

I found a switch for my stupid brake rotor lights.
Now I can turn them on and off.
The other switches I found turned them on then would switch one for the others than blink then strobe.
This is just on and off.

I am going to see if I can mix them with the hand brake or the throttle.
Ideally they should come on if I let off the throttle. But I think I’ll just start with manually turning them on and off.

IMG_5387.jpeg

I found a switch for my stupid brake rotor lights.
Now I can turn them on and off.
The other switches I found turned them on then would switch one for the others than blink then strobe.
This is just on and off.

I am going to see if I can mix them with the hand brake or the throttle.
Ideally they should come on if I let off the throttle. But I think I’ll just start with manually turning them on and off.

View attachment 191331

Those look way cool! Hope you can get the switches to work the way you want. That would be pretty slick. :)

Ok I got the switch all wired up. I still need to add another Y cord for the transponder. I’m getting worried about all the stuff running through the rx. I might run a separate battery for all the fans and BS stuff.
But let’s see how it goes.
I am not sure if I will actually use them in a race. First off I don’t really have the brain power to do it . Secondly it would only look good after it gets dark. And I don’t want to put everyone into the wall by lighting up my front wheels. It would be kinda funny but I would probably be the first one to crash.
But it is cool looking and I will definitely get a video of it or at least photos.

IMG_5811.jpeg

IMG_5809.jpeg

Back