Why everyone hates traxxas servos ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel we dont talk enough about driving lol I want to try a new one because its super cheap but unless i hit a curb with speed i dont see it breaking.

Thanks. There is so much options lol
It's not just hitting things that causes RTR servos to go bad. Simple bumps and jumps can knock out cheap servos. The RTR stuff is not built to last. I wouldn't waste my time or money on them when you can get a cheap metal geared servo off Amazon that will far outlive any RTR servo on the market.

It's not just hitting things that causes RTR servos to go bad. Simple bumps and jumps can knock out cheap servos. The RTR stuff is not built to last. I wouldn't waste my time or money on them when you can get a cheap metal geared servo off Amazon that will far outlive any RTR servo on the market.
Well that sucks haha. But when i see some threads, its like you absolutely need to buy a new servo right a way. The handling seems fine to me and i think ppl can have a good run with the stock servo. I agree that thats maybe not the best idea to replace it with an other traxxas servo tho. Does traxxas has a policy on this ? Breaking because of bumps is a normal use of the car. I wont take that route tho.

Well that sucks haha. But when i see some threads, its like you absolutely need to buy a new servo right a way. The handling seems fine to me and i think ppl can have a good run with the stock servo. I agree that thats maybe not the best idea to replace it with an other traxxas servo tho. Does traxxas has a policy on this ? Breaking because of bumps is a normal use of the car. I wont take that route tho.
I think I read Traxxas doesn't have a warranty now. No idea. I am sure if you buy a new Traxxas from a LHS they would try to help you out. But it's not worth messing with, since they'll likely just toss another crap servo in there. Drive it til they go, then replace with better. No sense at all to keep putting crap servos in your RC, unless you just want to work on them.

If you've read thoroughly through this thread, the majority of replies recommend to use the stock servo until it dies, then replace it.
For most recreational users, entry level servos will be fine. If you compete or race, then it would be advantageous to stay competitive.

Last edited:
If you've read thoroughly through this thread, the majority of replies recommend to use the stock servo until it dies, then replace it.
For most recreational users, entry level servos will be fine. If you compete or race, then it would be advantageous to stay competitive.
Here i know. I mean in the internet in general. I just bought 2.8 badlands. Ill see when it breaks lol

I bought brand new Traxxas kits and the servo mounting tabs were broke and cracked from over tightening. Eventually the tabs get so bad the screws wont hold. the plastic is very brittle. I bought a new case for it and tried the rubber grommets but then they flex around. The ebay new take offs were the deal but those $20 amazon ones look sweet!!

I bought brand new Traxxas kits and the servo mounting tabs were broke and cracked from over tightening. Eventually the tabs get so bad the screws wont hold. the plastic is very brittle. I bought a new case for it and tried the rubber grommets but then they flex around. The ebay new take offs were the deal but those $20 amazon ones look sweet!!
Unlike other things, chinese servos are a steal i think.

Last edited:
Back