Where do you shop for online RC parts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMain Hobbies, Jenny's RC, eBay, Amazon, AbsoluteHobbyz, Tower Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies, 997 RC, Beach RC & Hobbies

Remote Control Hobbies - Near by HS of mine
Bay Area Computers and Hobbies - Near by Family Owned HS of mine

(HS meaning Hobby Shop, Not High School 😅 )

Ebay, jennysrc.com, Amazon, Amain.
I use several sellers on ebay. Horizonhobby is on there & ships fast. Don't use Amazon much. Sometimes jennysrc.com but shipping has gotten up there. There are kit breakers on ebay & are very competitive & have lots of parts. I usually find the part number of what I'm looking for, put it in the search on ebay, & then sort--USA & price lowest to highest & start scrolling. One thing about ebay- you have ebay buyer protection.

I've been using Jenny's and ebay sellers mainly because of pricing and the return policy, ease of use.
Jenny's is great because they list the specs on parts (not always) but not just the parts numbers, eye to eye length on a shock with diameter etc. Very helpful when frankenbuilding.

The US is spoiled for choice. Our options are very limited and a lot of the smaller shops in Asia have attractive price but the shipping and import duty make hardly worthwhile in most cases. That said, the local shops are pretty good, just have to plan ahead and stick to popular brands.

Basic stuff I go to Amain, stock assemblies I get from Jenny's, and for everything else I go to the source or eBay depending on where I can find it.

I just need to get another plastic body (or two) for my slash 4x4 VXL. My dogs (well one of my dogs specifically) has gotten a little too aggressive chasing it when I'm in the backyard bashing around.

Amain, Ebay, Jconcepts, local h/s and track h/s's

BeachRC, AbsoluteHobbyz, WoodlandHobbies, NitroPro, Dialed Hobbies, and Fierce RC Solutions. I can’t stand anything Horizon/Tower, and I no longer support Amain. Also a couple eBay chop shops..

I go to these places FIRST, not because I “can’t find it local”. I’m not on board with “support your LHS”, and haven’t been for years. Been doing this 35yrs, and in that time I realized quickly I have no need to “support my LHS”, because very, VERY rarely does one actually support ME; the customer.

Wondering why, if you don't mind?
No problem bro-I was a “Platinum Member” for a looooong tiiiime, spent $15k with them in a year on average, and saw pretty much no perks to speak of. Also grew very tired of my stuff not leaving their facility for days after the order was placed. Among other things.. The straw that broke the camel’s back was “an associate” (sales guy) who’s name escapes me atm, or I’d gladly drop it; wait-MIGUEL was rude AF to my girl everytime she spoke to him, and then twice to me as well. I could explain the entire story of just the last time with me, but it’d take an hour of typing.. I ALWAYS make it a point to be easy to deal with when doing business, and am more than courteous. -to the level that it’s not at all uncommon that vendors/distributors send me “care packages”, and free stuff on a fairly frequent basis.. I only mention that to assure you that it’s not that I’M the common denominator.. BeachRC, and the other spots I mentioned make it abundantly clear that they VALUE my business, and when my stuff gets shipped out, it actually leaves the property.. I’ve also made certain that it was NOT the shipper as far as amain was concerned. For what it’s worth. And I was a super loyal Amain customer for over 20yrs..🤷🏻‍♂️

Back