Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grean leaf luttuce, hard boiled egg, diced ham, sharp cheddar, with a liberal amount of ranch dressing, black pepper. No seafood was harmed in the making of this salad. 😜

PSX_20240610_190037.jpg

Grean leaf luttuce, hard boiled egg, diced ham, sharp cheddar, with a liberal amount of ranch dressing, black pepper. No seafood was harmed in the making of this salad. 😜

View attachment 191757
Yum. Its almost a Caesar salad. Just add croutons.

Come on, Man, that's American Chinese food! Doesn't count.
Once again @Greywolf74 wife giving you more...
Rolling Eyes Eye Roll GIF
I can confirm that Mrs Wolf did roll her eyes at that comment. Don't feel bad tho, I get that same look about 12 times a day. 🤣

Being at Disney Land, this thing is probably around $20. I would actually pay that, right this second!

So who thought of the idea to cut a hole in a cucumber and stuff a hot dog in there? Only at Disney 🤔🤣

47lbs of pork butts last weekend. Low and slow at 225 for 17 hours for the larger ones, the two small ones worke me up at 3AM. Everything rested for a minimum of four to five hours before being pulled. We've also modified our rub, and the last two runs are spot on for us, and anyone that's tried it. Taking 5lbs to the beach in a couple weeks, which is why I did it so soon again.

MGinzUt.jpg

tFA1bMD.jpg

L9m9we4.jpg

yfQ8Gip.jpg

47lbs of pork butts last weekend. Low and slow at 225 for 17 hours for the larger ones, the two small ones worke me up at 3AM. Everything rested for a minimum of four to five hours before being pulled. We've also modified our rub, and the last two runs are spot on for us, and anyone that's tried it. Taking 5lbs to the beach in a couple weeks, which is why I did it so soon again.

MGinzUt.jpg

tFA1bMD.jpg

L9m9we4.jpg

yfQ8Gip.jpg
Holy cow man. That's a lot of meat. You freeze it?

Holy cow man. That's a lot of meat. You freeze it?
Yes, we weigh it out and vacuum seal and freeze what we don't give away to family and friends. Out of the 47lbs we started with, we got about 15lbs of pulled pork and a couple pounds of burnt ends.

Yes, we weigh it out and vacuum seal and freeze what we don't give away to family and friends. Out of the 47lbs we started with, we got about 15lbs of pulled pork and a couple pounds of burnt ends.
Well your previous post making one inspired me to try cooking one in the oven for the first time. I can't really have a bbq grill where I live, so the oven is the best I can do. But it was one if the best things I ever made. I want to do another one now, but man it's a lot of work.

Last edited:
Well your previous post makung one inspired me to try cooking one in the oven for the first time. I can't really have a bbq grill where I live, so the oven is the best I can do. But it was one if the best things I ever made. I want to do another one now, but man it's a lot of work.
I'm sure it was still good out of the oven, though no smoke obviously.

Yes, it is a lot of work. But we like to control what we eat in our home. It was 2 hours of prep (making the rub, applying it, chopping veggies for the water pan, filling the chip tray, making sure the smoker was running good, etc), then up at 3AM to pull the two small butts and wrap them, then back out at 10AM to pull all the rest, then 4 hours of sorting, processing, and pulling, then probably another hour of weighing and vacuum sealing. You have to love pulled pork, and the process or you'd grow to hate it quickly.

I'm sure it was still good out of the oven, though no smoke obviously.

Yes, it is a lot of work. But we like to control what we eat in our home. It was 2 hours of prep (making the rub, applying it, chopping veggies for the water pan, filling the chip tray, making sure the smoker was running good, etc), then up at 3AM to pull the two small butts and wrap them, then back out at 10AM to pull all the rest, then 4 hours of sorting, processing, and pulling, then probably another hour of weighing and vacuum sealing. You have to love pulled pork, and the process or you'd grow to hate it quickly.
I love it, but I ended up freezing a bit of the one I made because I got a bit burnt out eating it for like 5 days straight. I still have the leftover juices that I froze and plan to use to make more birria tacos.

I love it, but I ended up freezing a bit of the one I made because I got a bit burnt out eating it for like 5 days straight. I still have the leftover juices that I froze and plan to use to make more birria tacos.
Oh hell, I don't eat anything for that long. Two meals, maybe three if it's one of my all time favs. Then it's off to the freezer, or to family or friends.

Back