Vintage Timaya. Need help getting it going.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC2024

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Everything seems to be in working order. I am a beginner so I’m having trouble connecting the controller to the unit. The controller came with a receiver but I’m not certain if I connected it properly. The manual for the controller is not easy to understand either. Any help would be greatly appreciated

IMG_1145.jpeg

Hi and welcome! I'm not super up on radios but it sounds like you haven't got the transmitter and receiver bound correctly.
There should be a "bind" procedure in the manual. My Spektrum system also requires a "bind plug" but its old and you migjt not need one.
Have you tried to bind them yet?

Wow i havnt seen a speed controller like that in a long time. That is a vintage ride and with a 2.4 ghz radio hurts my brain. I would connect 1 channel at a time bind it to see what the transmitter controls. Also try looking up the radio system online for a manual to help with the bind procedure.

you need to have the power to receive then go thru the binding process. Make sure the rx plug to power receiver is in the correct orientation..so your using 4 AA to power hmm kinda under powered and low on voltage to me.not close to a 6 cell ni battery or 2 cell lipo

This pic is from Hot RC Alibaba. I see a bind plug in this shot. No clue if they all use one or what tho???

H72fbb93126f249788061c2517160f578K.jpeg

This pic is from Hot RC Alibaba. I see a bind plug in this shot. No clue if they all use one or what tho???

View attachment 193927
The CT-6A that the OP has doesn't come with a bind plug. At least not that I can see in any pics of it. The manual lists two ways to bind the Tx to the Rx. One way simply says turn on the Rx and press the bind button. Then turn on the Tx. The other says turn both Tx and Rx on, and somewhere in the menu is a place to setup the code matching.

The video didn't mention a plug either (that I caught) but sometimes things get lost in translation. I have only worked through a few bindings myself so I'm still learning how other than Spektrum systems work!

The video didn't mention a plug either (that I caught) but sometimes things get lost in translation. I have only worked through a few bindings myself so I'm still learning how other than Spektrum systems work!
Most do use a bind plug. That is what I meant about this being an interesting radio setup. They have a CT-8A as well that looks even more interesting.
Screenshot_20240701_210109.jpg

I haven't ordered from Alibaba but have dealt with overseas suppliers. I had
good luck. These radios are priced right and seem to tick all the boxes!
I might bite...

I can’t get it to work or understand the instructions or videos. I’m returning it to Amazon. I got it working with the original controller (Futaba Attack-R) but the controls seem off like not touching the left stick it goes in reverse. Weird or maybe just how it works?

I can’t get it to work or understand the instructions or videos. I’m returning it to Amazon. I got it working with the original controller (Futaba Attack-R) but the controls seem off like not touching the left stick it goes in reverse. Weird or maybe just how it works?
Grab you a Flysky GT3B off Amazon. They are around $35 or so. Great radios, and receivers are cheap if you get other RC's.

I would replace the old Attack radio asap. You might be able to adjust the throttle by adjusting the trim on the radio or by removing the servo arm and setting everything back to neutral for now.

Grab you a Flysky GT3B off Amazon. They are around $35 or so. Great radios, and receivers are cheap if you get other RC's.
Ok, I ordered this. It should get here tomorrow. I’m returning the hot rc. I really wanna get this thing running.

I would replace the old Attack radio asap. You might be able to adjust the throttle by adjusting the trim on the radio or by removing the servo arm and setting everything back to neutral for now.
I have ordered the FlyGT3B. It should get heee tomorrow. I will remove everything and set to neutral for now. Thanks

You will like that radio. If you need any help setting it up there are a ton of YT vids on it. And of course you can ask here. There are a number of us that use that radio.

One suggestion is grab you some Eneloop Pro AA rechargeable batteries and a charger. They last forever in that radio. It takes 8 of them.

But even regular alkaline batteries last a long time in it.

You will like that radio.
👆 Agreed. I love both of mine :)

If you need any help setting it up there are a ton of YT vids on it. And of course you can ask here. There are a number of us that use that radio.

One suggestion is grab you some Eneloop Pro AA rechargeable batteries and a charger. They last forever in that radio. It takes 8 of them.

But even regular alkaline batteries last a long time in it.
If you ever get up for the challenge you can also mod the GT3b to use a LiPo instead of AAs. I personally like mine that way cuz its lighter. Other than that, same difference. You can also replace the internal bushing for the steering wheel with a bearing for a smoother feel.

Wow that a good price in the Flysky GT3B !! I like how it looks like a real transmitter almost airtronics M8. A lot of these new rtr transmitters look so cheap and clowny. Kinda like a star trek phaser gun LOL