Should i get this wheelie bar for my losi 22s no prep drag car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew123

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
DSC_2799__78279.jpg

No. It's the wrong color. 🤣🫠

I don't want to get blamed if its the wrong one so therefore I say YES get it. :D

Is that the Exotek one? I've pondered it, but it's like 14" long. Too long for my set up.

What is the FR/RR weight on the car? Relocate the battery further forward? Ballast the FR? Re-gear higher? All are options to check and consider. Soften the launch with either THR Expo or THR Speed is another option. Bleed the speed and power back in beyond the 6ft or mid-track marks.

Chassis set-up for my DragSpec cars is ~40/60 static FR/RR. My builds try to stay away from relying on a wheelie bar. Riding the wheelie bar sacrifices the ability to steer out of trouble on anything over a 2.00sec 132ft E.T. run. (quicker than 2.00sec E.T., you're just aiming the car-pull trigger and hope for the best) You'll need that steering to advance rounds.

Look at the RR tire set-up. Too wide? Too soft? Track surface compo? Know its "no prep", but tire 'cleaning', aka off track softening, also plays a factor.

Caveat. Short wheelie bar is useful in hand staging the car. My personal preference is radio staging, but most (read all) sanctions use hand staging.

Lots to unpack with an RC drag racing launch. Good luck. Hope this helps. -AC

Last edited:
Is that the Exotek one? I've pondered it, but it's like 14" long. Too long for my set up.
What setup do you have on your 22s no prep drag car

What setup do you have on your 22s no prep drag car
Currently a stock 22s RTR, TLR 42mm G3 shocks front & rear, numerous Exotek upgrades: Shock Towers, Front Bumper, Aluminum Motor Gearbox, Slotted Lightweight Motor Plate, Lightweight Idler Gear, MK3 Finned Slipper, aluminum hubs, etc, etc...
I've been looking at wheelie bars, l like the design of the one in question, but I guess what I meant by "my set up" is my current arrangement, where I store it and the bag I use to transport it just wouldn't accommodate that long of a bar, so now I just have the stock one.

Back