Popsicle sticks.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nearly got my hand in one when I was like 12 years old. But accidents teach you some mad respect of machinery 😉
The closest I've ever gotten to that (and good Lord willing the closest I'll ever get) was when I almost drilled through my finger while working on my go-kart. Only got a little pricked.

I just got back from the dollar store. I found myself looking at the packs of popsicle sticks. I use them quite a bit in my RC work & other stuff I build. Usually just buy a box of ice cream chocolate popsicles & save the sticks.
Awesome work man!

Can somebody loan me a set of lungs, I just brought in my surface planer from the shed and it just about killed me.:confused:

Can somebody loan me a set of lungs, I just brought in my surface planer from the shed and it just about killed me.:confused:
How big is it? I'll mail ya a Breydon to borrow for a bit.

Well anymore Bro I get winded bending down to tie my shoes. It really sucks but at this stage, there is nothing I can do.
I'll just keep going as long as I possibly can before I lay down for good.

I ran a couple sets through my planer and it gives me a nice smooth work area to draw out shapes with a pencil.
The second one is just been glued and I am getting ready to clamp it up.
Glueing is the worst part but I can do a set in about 6 to 8 minutes.
These four sets should do four wheels depending how wide I want them. I may go another set.

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

Well anymore Bro I get winded bending down to tie my shoes. It really sucks but at this stage, there is nothing I can do.
I'll just keep going as long as I possibly can before I lay down for good.

I ran a couple sets through my planer and it gives me a nice smooth work area to draw out shapes with a pencil.
The second one is just been glued and I am getting ready to clamp it up.
Glueing is the worst part but I can do a set in about 6 to 8 minutes.
These four sets should do four wheels depending how wide I want them. I may go another set.

View attachment 192945
View attachment 192946
View attachment 192947
That's kinda like a jointer. Yup, I seriously got chills as soon as I scrolled down and saw it. Hard to see the scar now, but I took a big scoop out of the front of this finger and got part of the bone with it. Blades were dull and kicked my finger back. Second blade took the tip of my fingernail off about 1/8" into the flesh. Third blade hit me just in front of the cuticle, splitting my nail in two and cutting me to the bone there. Boss's wife was digging through wood chips for the tip 🤣
20240623_210836.jpg

That's kinda like a jointer. Yup, I seriously got chills as soon as I scrolled down and saw it. Hard to see the scar now, but I took a big scoop out of the front of this finger and got part of the bone with it. Blades were dull and kicked my finger back. Second blade took the tip of my fingernail off about 1/8" into the flesh. Third blade hit me just in front of the cuticle, splitting my nail in two and cutting me to the bone there. Boss's wife was digging through wood chips for the tip 🤣
View attachment 192948
Yeah actually it's a old Craftsman planer/jointer but I only use it for popsicle sticks.
It's pretty old, I've had it many years.

Yeah actually it's a old Craftsman planer/jointer but I only use it for popsicle sticks.
It's pretty old, I've had it many years.
My dad started his woodshop with a Craftsman table saw and Craftsman 12" bandsaw. I used the hell out of both of them. I bet I put 1000 hours on that bandsaw at least.

My dad started his woodshop with a Craftsman table saw and Craftsman 12" bandsaw. I used the hell out of both of them. I bet I put 1000 hours on that bandsaw at least.
Back when they were good. A few years ago they took a tool made in the USA and reversed engineered it and sent it to China. That's when I stopped using them.

Back when they were good. A few years ago they took a tool made in the USA and reversed engineered it and sent it to China. That's when I stopped using them.
Yeah, that was the end of Craftsman quality.

View attachment 192948
I cringed when I read it.

Sorry guys, you can't say I didn't try. I have absolutely zero interest in popsicle sticks right now.

Sorry guys, you can't say I didn't try. I have absolutely zero interest in popsicle sticks right now.
It's ok man. They'll still be there if you feel like messing with them later on.

Back