new to RC found a exceed sunfire buggy.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticcy RC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i found an exceed sunfire today works and its fast has extra tires and gears and need to be put on game as to what i just aquired i think its brushless and only 3 wheels spin when i accelerate any pointers???
Photo on 6-26-24 at 11.56 PM.jpg
Photo on 6-26-24 at 11.56 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 6-26-24 at 11.56 PM #3.jpg
Photo on 6-26-24 at 11.57 PM.jpg

That is a brushless motor.

On the wheel that doesn't spin, check the dog bone and cup and sure it's not damaged and screwed on tight. You can use the other dog bone set up, on the other wheels, for comparisons.
Screenshot_20240627_060223.jpg

Why is there a rubber band wrapped up in the passenger front driveshaft? Please tell me that's not what's causing your problem.

Why is there a rubber band wrapped up in the passenger front driveshaft? Please tell me that's not what's causing your problem.
Dead grass.

i found an exceed sunfire today works and its fast has extra tires and gears and need to be put on game as to what i just aquired i think its brushless and only 3 wheels spin when i accelerate any pointers???View attachment 193193View attachment 193194View attachment 193195View attachment 193196
Disconnect motor from driveline and you will easily find where the binding issue is.

Welcome in @Sticcy RC , here is my suggestion, I would buy yourself some RC tools, "amazon sells decent sets", and dig into your rig.
It's perfect time to learn about your rig part by part.
You might find parts here

thank you guys it turns out the passenger front a arm was broke and the dog bone was bent so I'm ordering parts and tools.

yeah it was dead grass WAS DRIVING IT THROUGH THE GOLF COURSE