New Losi Super Lasernut

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys. First post.

Just saw this RC come out for preorder. Just wondering where you saw that it has a 1/8 driveline? I really love the size and look but am not sure of how it will be as a package. Because I'm not into spending even more money to upgrade.
It is a buggy. Buggies are typically scaled bigger than their drivetrain. Take the Arrma 3s Typhon for example. It's an 8th scale, but uses the same drivetrain/electronics as it's 10th scale 3s counterparts (Granite, Big Rock, etc). It's lighter than a monster truck or Truggy, so it using 8th scale components makes sense.

It is a buggy. Buggies are typically scaled bigger than their drivetrain. Take the Arrma 3s Typhon for example. It's an 8th scale, but uses the same drivetrain/electronics as it's 10th scale 3s counterparts (Granite, Big Rock, etc). It's lighter than a monster truck or Truggy, so it using 8th scale components makes sense.
Cool. That's reassuring. So would you go for it if you were me? Price is 800 euros with discount. Before I saw it I was ready to get an Arrma Mojave 6S. I already have a Kraton Exb so I don't want a MT. The Kraton is the only large scale RC I have.

How do you think durability will be? People say the 1/10 lasernut had issues with diffs and durability. I am not a basher at all. Haven't even jumped my Kraton.

Cool. That's reassuring. So would you go for it if you were me? Price is 800 euros with discount. Before I saw it I was ready to get an Arrma Mojave 6S. I already have a Kraton Exb so I don't want a MT. The Kraton is the only large scale RC I have.

How do you think durability will be? People say the 1/10 lasernut had issues with diffs and durability. I am not a basher at all. Haven't even jumped my Kraton.
That's a tough call. New rig on the scene, and no idea what problems people may eventually have with them. The fragile axle housings on the Losi Grave Digger come to mind. But I know from reading stuff here from people whose opinions I value, and from looking into getting a Mojave at one time - they are very solid and durable rigs. @Doom! has one and he brags on it anytime he mentions his.

But they are also two different vehicles to try to compare them. If I was trying to choose, and had to buy one right now, I'd definitely get the Mojave. But I'd be keeping an eye on this Lasernut to see how they hold up. I do like it though, as I do the older one.

Last edited:
I had an Arrma Mojave EXB and put a max6/1650kv motor in it. It was incredibly fast, but the parachuting was definitely a negative. Even with the Scorched RC inner fenders, it was a bit unpredictable off of jumps. It would by flying flat and then all of a sudden go front end up right before the landing and then flip about 10 times (without breaking). I've seen people run the Mojave on 8s. The Super Lasernut is not built to do this. It is not purposed to be a "speed demon" that can fly off of jumps at full speed.

Between the two, I personally would rather have the Lasernut because I like the purpose it was built for, and I don't care about top speed. A lot of the speculation about it being a 1/8th rig stretched out to be a 1/6 size is due to the website saying that many of the 8ight upgrade parts are compatible. I'm sure that if you use it for it's designed purpose it will shine.

I would much rather see a Losi 1/10 DB Pro in a 1/8 or 1/6 version.

Last edited:
I had an Arrma Mojave EXB and put a max6/1650kv motor in it. It was incredibly fast, but the parachuting was definitely a negative. Even with the Scorched RC inner fenders, it was a bit unpredictable off of jumps. It would by flying flat and then all of a sudden go front end up right before the landing and then flip about 10 times (without breaking). I've seen people run the Mojave on 8s. The Super Lasernut is not built to do this. It is not purposed to be a "speed demon" that can fly off of jumps at full speed.

Between the two, I personally would rather have the Lasernut because I like the purpose it was built for, and I don't care about top speed. A lot of the speculation about it being a 1/8th rig stretched out to be a 1/6 size is due to the website saying that many of the 8ight upgrade parts are compatible. I'm sure that if you use it for it's designed purpose it will shine.

I would much rather see a Losi 1/10 DB Pro in a 1/8 or 1/6 version.
I feel kind of the same as you. Don't really care about it being very fast. It's a plus with the Mojave but not a must. I'm not even in to jumping and I wouldn't jump the Mojave either if I got it.

I am more into like driving realistically and also love the scale stuff on the Losi. Mostly I like it for the size and looks of it. There is a spot here where I live, where there's sand and they drive motocross. I drove my Kraton there a few days ago and the Losi would be perfect to run there.

One thing I'm worried about is that it says max battery length is only 140mm. I have new Cnhl 6S and 4S batteries that are like 165mm long. I don't understand how such a large RC can not fit bigger batteries. That could be a dealbreaker because I want an RC that I can use with batteries I have.

By the way. I basically calculated the Scorched fenders as a must wich I would buy together with the Mojave. So with fenders the total price would be 670 euros for Mojave, and 810 euros for the Losi .

Here are some pics of the Kraton on the sand.
20240625_134024.jpg
20240625_134345.jpg
20240625_133905.jpg

That's a tough call. New rig on the scene, and no idea what problems people may eventually have with them. The fragile axle housings on the Losi Grave Digger come to mind. But I know from reading stuff here from people whose opinions I value, and from looking into getting a Mojave at one time - they are very solid and durable rigs. @Doom! has one and he brags on it anytime he mentions his.

But they are also two different vehicles to try to compare them. If I was trying to choose, and had to buy one right now, I'd definitely get the Mojave. But I'd be keeping an eye on this Lasernut to see how they hold up. I do like it though, as I do the older one.
When it comes to the Mojave, I know also from all reviews I've seen that it's super tough. I'm not that worried about like crash durability because I am not tough on my RC's. It's more about how diffs and stuff like that hold up, just from driving.

If I wait then I'll be waiting until spring next year. Because I'm in Sweden and the time we have good weather is short. So I have to make up my mind soon.

Do you guys know what it means when they say "next shipment july", on the Horizon Germany site? Does it mean that everyone who makes a pre order gets it shipped during july or can it be delayed if too many people order? It's only the second time I'm ordering directly from them so I'm not sure how it works. I asked them this question in an email so we'll see what they say.

The Mojave is a tough rig, the Laser Nut looks great but I I don't have any experience with it. Sometimes it's best to wait for reviews once it's been out a bit.
Are the Scorched fenders a must in your experience? Or are they mostly for wet conditions? Would a cover work or does it lead to overheating?

Last edited:
Horizons shipping days are hit or miss. A lot of people per-ordered the Pro Moto and we're left hanging for a month or two.

You mentioned battery size: those trays are molded and look like they want you to buy spectrum batteries...

I thought about giving it a try but pte ordered a Mojave Grom instead🤣

Horizons shipping days are hit or miss. A lot of people per-ordered the Pro Moto and we're left hanging for a month or two.

You mentioned battery size: those trays are molded and look like they want you to buy spectrum batteries...

I thought about giving it a try but pte ordered a Mojave Grom instead🤣
Ok yeah I thought it would be something like that. If they don't send in time then I'm not able to use it until next year anyway. Maybe it's better to wait. Or I can get the Mojave delivered tomorrow.

Is it possible to use an aftermarket battery tray? There's no way I'm getting it if I gotta buy even more batteries.

Ok yeah I thought it would be something like that. If they don't send in time then I'm not able to use it until next year anyway. Maybe it's better to wait. Or I can get the Mojave delivered tomorrow.

Is it possible to use an aftermarket battery tray? There's no way I'm getting it if I gotta buy even more batteries.
Yeah, it's those larger cell count hard/soft case packs that have to be watched closely for fitment in certain RCs. It's quite common for normal "stick" hard case LiPo batteries to have dimensions in the realm of 138x47mm. Especially 2S~4S. There are 6S hard case packs that will fit a "normal" battery tray, but are not as common though. The Super Lasernut's tray looks like it's designed to run two 3S packs.

Yeah, it's those larger cell count hard/soft case packs that have to be watched closely for fitment in certain RCs. It's quite common for normal "stick" hard case LiPo batteries to have dimensions in the realm of 138x47mm. Especially 2S~4S. There are 6S hard case packs that will fit a "normal" battery tray, but are not as common though. The Super Lasernut's tray looks like it's designed to run two 3S packs.
Someone said they probably want people to buy Spektrum batteries. No way I am doing that. I just bought a 6S Cnhl and couple 3S Cnhl but both are 165mm long. So I really would want my new RC to work with those.

I know there are Zee batteries in the dimensions you stated. Worst case scenario if I have to.

Someone said they probably want people to buy Spektrum batteries. No way I am doing that. I just bought a 6S Cnhl and couple 3S Cnhl but both are 165mm long. So I really would want my new RC to work with those.

I know there are Zee batteries in the dimensions you stated. Worst case scenario if I have to.
There is only one Spektrum 6S hard case pack, that I see, and it will not fit into the battery trays dimensions that are given for the platform.
1719843506639.png

Pass... too big for me as well.
At first glance I thought Losi was using a truggy chassis. That would have been great! I looked at the wheelbase specs for the Super Lasernut... o_O. Gonna need a lot of real estate to open that "nut" up.:)

Last edited:
There is only one Spektrum 6S hard case pack, that I see, and it will not fit into the battery trays dimensions that are given for the platform.
View attachment 193801

At first glance I thought Losi was using a truggy chassis. That would have been great! I looked at the wheelbase specs for the Super Lasernut... o_O. Gonna need a lot of real estate to open that "nut" up.:)
That's strange. I only read someone state that, didn't look in to Spektrum batteries.

HH states 2x3s hard case needed..🥺
I'm not buying a Super Nut, but if I were, you can bet I'd hack a connector off and run a 6s softcase brick. Unless Spektrum has a 70 percent off sale I won't be buying any Spektrum batteries, ever!! LOL

Screenshot_20240701-133147_Samsung Internet.jpg

HH states 2x3s hard case needed..🥺
I'm not buying a Super Nut, but if I were, you can bet I'd hack a connector off and run a 6s softcase brick. Unless Spektrum has a 70 percent off sale I won't be buying any Spektrum batteries, ever!! LOL

View attachment 193849
Yeah I won't be buying Spektrum batteries either. Just a waste of money. Now the SBR 2.0 just went on sale and it would cost me only 50 dollars more than a Super Lasernut. I have an even bigger conundrum now.
😀 But it seems to be the same issue with batteries. Seems like it's also 140mm max. So that's 150 dollars extra for 2x4S.

Anyone know how the diffs are on the SBJ 2.0? I see people complaining about diffs in the 1/10 Lasernut. Is that a ptoblem on Losi 1/6 and 1/8 scale too?

Yeah I won't be buying Spektrum batteries either. Just a waste of money. Now the SBR 2.0 just went on sale and it would cost me only 50 dollars more than a Super Lasernut. I have an even bigger conundrum now.
😀 But it seems to be the same issue with batteries. Seems like it's also 140mm max. So that's 150 dollars extra for 2x4S.

Anyone know how the diffs are on the SBJ 2.0? I see people complaining about diffs in the 1/10 Lasernut. Is that a ptoblem on Losi 1/6 and 1/8 scale too?
I'm not implying the Spektrum batteries are bad, just not worth the money to me. SMC, Gens, CNHL all offer something as good or in most cases better for about half the price.
As to the diffs, IDK. I haven't had any issues with the 1/10 Nut, but I also don't run it much TBH.
For me the whole battery door/limited compartment size of the 8s Reys kill it. They're awesome in terms of appearance and scale details, but I just don't see the value in them. Different strokes I suppose. This Super Nut is sweet looking, but at $800 IDK.