New Losi 8ight XTE RTR Racing Electric Truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
New from Losi, based off of the recent RTR XE

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...red-brushless-racing-truggy-rtr/LOS04020.html

LOS04020_A33_9J8K1H9C.jpg
LOS04020_A36_9J8K1H9C.jpg
LOS04020_A19_9J8K1H9C.jpg
LOS04020_A27_9J8K1H9C.jpg
LOS04020_A28_9J8K1H9C.jpg

I love it & I want one. Too $$ right now for me. But I have a Proline Enforcer body on my K6, looks very similar. But the track near me has a Truggy class. Not many enter like buggy. I would really like to try racing & E-Truggy is what I would go for. I watched a few vids of this machine. Very fluid. Aggressive subtleness. I dig it, man!

I would really love to get into some 8th scale if I had the money. The nearest 8th scale track which is just a for fun track is 30ish minutes away, but the nearest bigger 8th scale track that does racing, and a track that is more open is 2hours away.

Also, kinda wonder what is the best starter class for 8th scale. Buggy or truggy. Atleast with the truggy, its both raceable and bashable, while the buggy, you could do both, but with the lower ride height id only use it on track.

I'm sure it's fun to drive, but even my SCT 1/10 is kinda big. 1/8? Yeah. No. If someone wants to donate one to me, sure. :D But then I'll still need to get different batteries/motors/servos/tires/wheels, all the things. That's a whole 'nother level.

Kinda need a big outdoor track. Like nitro track. That's not close to me as well.

I'm really digging my mini Losi JRX2. And my kids Slyder. That is actually quite capable for no oil in its shocks. This is for the backyard track. Which is also mini. Ha.

I'm sure it's fun to drive, but even my SCT 1/10 is kinda big. 1/8? Yeah. No. If someone wants to donate one to me, sure. :D But then I'll still need to get different batteries/motors/servos/tires/wheels, all the things. That's a whole 'nother level.

Kinda need a big outdoor track. Like nitro track. That's not close to me as well.

I'm really digging my mini Losi JRX2. And my kids Slyder. That is actually quite capable for no oil in its shocks. This is for the backyard track. Which is also mini. Ha.
Check the actual sizes, your sct is about the same size as a 1/8th buggy, truggy is a couple of inches longer. Speaking from personal experience. Scale is rather loosely followed by RC.

Pass
Even if it didn't have that fugly body :hehe:

I agree. That has to be the ugliest RC body ever.

It's so ugly you just can't look away. Only a face a mother can love.

It looks like it was smashed into a brick wall head on.
Holy crap! I don't like 1/10 scale bulldog bodies, but that Losi truggy... I thought the body was sexy.
Forgo the Losi sticker of course (I never liked that logo).

I’d prefer a 1/10th scale truggy, 1/8 is rather large.
I couldn't think of being without my 1/10 scale mini truggy. The most fun I've ever had!
No doubt a 1/8 scale RC needs a lot of real estate to get full potential out of it. The power/heaviness of 1/8 scale RCs is just so awesome to try to tame though.

Last edited:
Bulldog? More like a an overweight pug. HA

I'd try driving one. I'll admit. But I won't be happy about it, and it better be set up correctly! :D

Back