Lost again in another mini

• Thread starter Lostinthewoods86
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lostinthewoods86

RCTalk Addict
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Just getting started with this one. Still trying to decide on a few things.

Got the axles built, frame built, and body trimmed this morning.

E18CF339-E276-4A09-ABCD-DC62C8E8078E.jpeg

Is this a standard dually axle or did you find a dually adapter?
I have a cool project in mind and I want a 1/24 dually axle.

View attachment 191830

Got some extra power in today, figured I’d need it to spin the duals 😂

Not sure if it’s even gonna work out on the body, but will see. Still waiting on other stuff
Can't wait! Glue the blower to a piece of scrap lexan from a package or something. Paint the scrap piece black. Cut the hole in the hood to clear the blower. Shoe Goo the piece of plastic in from the bottom. Leave a little gap around the blower and between the scrap lexan and body to make it look real 😉

Can't wait! Glue the blower to a piece of scrap lexan from a package or something. Paint the scrap piece black. Cut the hole in the hood to clear the blower. Shoe Goo the piece of plastic in from the bottom. Leave a little gap around the blower and between the scrap lexan and body to make it look real 😉

I certainly can’t mess that up 🤣

I’m not sure yet if size wise it’s even gonna look right 😂. It’s the Traxxas blower off the trx4mt.

I certainly can’t mess that up 🤣

I’m not sure yet if size wise it’s even gonna look right 😂. It’s the Traxxas blower off the trx4mt.
Trust me. It'll look fine 😝
images (15).jpeg

Played around with this a bit today. I think I’m going to have to do as @WickedFog suggested because of the hood line down the middle of the hood, it doesn’t sit down flush to the hood.

FB11F4B2-E71C-4CA5-890E-6AFE88A31E9A.jpeg
C042795E-7062-49F9-9877-02E5B80808B4.jpeg

(It’s not the chassis it’s going on, just using it as a stand)

Son wants one on his bronco 🤣

AF5F0FC1-2BA0-4A66-A739-A5B2F0ED6C21.jpeg

Nice dude!

I learned a trick from an old guy when doing decals. Pull the backing off and cut a very thin strip out of the backing, right in the center of the decal. Replace the other half as well as you can back onto the decal, leaving a very thin area of the decal exposed in the center. About a 1/8" strip or less exposed.

Then you can position the decal without it sticking. Once you line it up, use your thumb or finger to press the decal down where you removed the backing. Then simply fold the decal up and back onto itself a bit til the backing peels on its own, and wipe the decal into place.

When you get it right like this, you'll be kicking yourself for not finding this out sooner. I used to hate decaling. Now it's actually fun doing them like this because it's so easy.

Nice dude!

I learned a trick from an old guy when doing decals. Pull the backing off and cut a very thin strip out of the backing, right in the center of the decal. Replace the other half as well as you can back onto the decal, leaving a very thin area of the decal exposed in the center. About a 1/8" strip or less exposed.

Then you can position the decal without it sticking. Once you line it up, use your thumb or finger to press the decal down where you removed the backing. Then simply fold the decal up and back onto itself a bit til the backing peels on its own, and wipe the decal into place.

When you get it right like this, you'll be kicking yourself for not finding this out sooner. I used to hate decaling. Now it's actually fun doing them like this because it's so easy.

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip!
Or, you can use a spray bottle of water with a few drops of dish soap in it. Spray the surface, lay the decal on, and it should slide around. Hit it with a hair dryer lightly, then press it down good once the moisture is gone.

The body/paint work is my biggest nemesis 😂 but I keep trying. Picked up an air brush compressor a few weeks ago, still need to get an airbrush and paint but looking forward to playing around with that.

This is next up to get painted, it’s been sitting around for a while for the tmaxx

F2194F40-4177-41C2-AB35-9C58374E583A.jpeg

Back