If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have way too many toys. I'm jealous.
That was pretty necessary when we moved here. The previous owner worked overseas and wasn’t here much. There was maybe a half acre around the house that was mowed, the rest was all over grown brush. Took 2 summers to knock it down, now I got about 6 acres that are cleared.

I pulled my kayak out from under the tarp and got it cleaned out.
I'm going on a overnighter fishing trip in the morning.
Hope you have a good trip. Stay away from the weeds.

Hope you have a good trip. Stay away from the weeds.
You can count on that. No way in hell I want to go through that again. Thank you WF.
Sunny and high 80s for the next 5 days.

Stay away from the weeds.
You can count on that. No way in hell I want to go through that again.
Animated GIF

I did a few household chores and maintenance yesterday. I was exhausted by the evening.

Got in the roof to find a water leak. Replaced broken tile and repaired other leaks (I hope). I hate tiled roofs.
Unblocked down pipes. Checked gutters.
Backflushed the pool filter, cleaned the chlorinator, removed the pool cleaner.
Attempted to charge the dead batteries in my landcruiser but they were too far gone.
Pulled weeds, trimmed lawn edges, leaf blowing.
Buried a dead goldfish.
Went to the hardware store twice.
Fitted a wall mounted mirrored cabinet in the kids bathroom. Cleaned their bathroom.
Cleaned leaves out of the pond.
Removed a pir(motion sensor) from a floodlight.
Visited parents.
Cleaned out pantry.
Mowed the lawn (on Saturday)

Today's list: Clean the pond filter, repair my chainsaw, water plants, make casting deck for my sons tinny.

Back to work tomorrow 😪

I did a few household chores and maintenance yesterday. I was exhausted by the evening.

Got in the roof to find a water leak. Replaced broken tile and repaired other leaks (I hope). I hate tiled roofs.
Unblocked down pipes. Checked gutters.
Backflushed the pool filter, cleaned the chlorinator, removed the pool cleaner.
Attempted to charge the dead batteries in my landcruiser but they were too far gone.
Pulled weeds, trimmed lawn edges, leaf blowing.
Buried a dead goldfish.
Went to the hardware store twice.
Fitted a wall mounted mirrored cabinet in the kids bathroom. Cleaned their bathroom.
Cleaned leaves out of the pond.
Removed a pir(motion sensor) from a floodlight.
Visited parents.
Cleaned out pantry.
Mowed the lawn (on Saturday)

Today's list: Clean the pond filter, repair my chainsaw, water plants, make casting deck for my sons tinny.

Back to work tomorrow 😪
I understood all of that except making a casting deck for your son's tinny. What is that?

Tonight after work we went to the ups store, gas station, bank, pet store and grocery store. That was enough peopling for the rest of the week.

In the grocery store, some lady had her dog in the shopping cart, and I'm thinking, people put food in there. Then a few aisles down I realized that the dog looked cleaner than most of the kids I saw in the carts. :doh:

I understood all of that except making a casting deck for your son's tinny. What is that?
Fitting a raised floor(deck) for casting fishing lines from the boat (tinnie). Sorry tinnie not tinny.

Tinnie, a small fishing or pleasure boat with an aluminium hull.

Like this:

1000007328.jpg

Chainsaw ready for overdue firewood collection.
1000007329.jpg

1000007327.jpg

New sprocket/clutch drum bearing kit. New chain guide and new chain.

Last edited:
Fitting a raised floor(deck) for casting fishing lines from the boat (tinnie). Sorry tinnie not tinny.

Tinnie, a small fishing or pleasure boat with an aluminium hull.

Like this:

View attachment 191760

Chainsaw ready for overdue firewood collection.
View attachment 191761
View attachment 191762
New sprocket/clutch drum bearing kit. New chain guide and new chain.
I got a 310 and love it. I got the 3 foot kong 038 in the shed. I want the fire fighter saw next.

I got a 310 and love it. I got the 3 foot kong 038 in the shed. I want the fire fighter saw next.
I've got a little 290 as well. Used mostly for gardening.

While working on my chainsaw, it reminded me that the generator hasn't been started in a few years and still has the old fuel in it 😬.

So I replaced the fuel and ran it. It started straight away, first pull. Now I'm running it with a load to get the spiders out 😆

1000007330.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a little 290 as well. Used mostly for gardening.

While working on my chainsaw, it reminded me that the generator hasn't been started in a few years and still has the old fuel in it 😬.

So I replaced the fuel and ran it. It started straight away, first pull. Now I'm running it with a load to get the spiders out 😆

View attachment 191763
It is working. I think I see one of the little guys
Untitled291_20240611025932.png

Last edited:
Tonight after work we went to the ups store, gas station, bank, pet store and grocery store. That was enough peopling for the rest of the week.

In the grocery store, some lady had her dog in the shopping cart, and I'm thinking, people put food in there. Then a few aisles down I realized that the dog looked cleaner than most of the kids I saw in the carts. :doh:
One time at the grocery store, I came upon a cart with a little girl, perhaps 9mo. The cart was loaded with food, right up to the level of the little girl. Then I noticed she was eating bits of raw ground meat she was picking from a hole in the wrapper 😱
I quickly indicated to her mother(?) what was happening, and the woman moved the meat package away, but didn't really seemed fazed at all 🤨

Finally got around to fixing this, well I’ll keep it pg, traeger pit that I got a few months ago…used it maybe 5 times? The last time I noticed the induction fan quit working. It was already a disappointment from day one so it sat. Tonight I pulled the fan from the old pit boss (me laughing at wife for saying why is this still here 😂) and put it in the traeger and it’s alive…

C38F86F8-6FA8-427C-895B-0067D10D4CD1.jpeg

Now I’m debating swapping the control box off the pit boss cause this dang traeger temp is about 75-100 degrees off 🙄.

Back