If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First chore this morning was taking the trash and recyclables to the transfer station. I used the former family minivan, which is now my son's lame bitchin' ride, and while I was at it, I took it to the car wash since he won't ever do it.
Next up was weeding. Saw a YT video and figured I'd give this commercial grade weed killer a try on these parasitic vines that is starting to take over. They climb and choke out smaller trees, ultimately killing them, and are now making their way onto my back lawn.
Just as I finished weeding, my new 100ft garden hose, from Amazon, arrived. I hooked it up and started it up the drip system for the plants on the deck and in planters by the driveway.
It was then close to dinner, and my hunger is starting to keep in. I cut up about 6lb of chicken breasts into strip and marinating them for the grill tomorrow. After that was done, I whipped up a quick dinner using stuff that needed to be used up by now.
After filling my belly with a wonderful meal, I went out and practiced my knife throwing. About 5 minutes in, my oldest came home from the beach and asked if I could help her wash her car with my power sprayer. It wasn't set up yet, but I figured I may as well do it now. So, I got everything set up, and we both went after her yellow pollen and dead bugs ridden Honda HRV. It was nice spending some time with my oldest who just finished her 2nd year of college.
Once the car was done, I neatly put everything away for quick access next time, and then got back to my knife throwing.
As I'm putting my knives away, I noticed my new GoPro clone on the counter. I was tinkering with it and next thing I knew, I was figuring out how to mount it onto my bicycle helmet. Due to the design of the helmet the installation took a bit of creative engineering. once again zip ties saves the day. The mount appears very secured with the camera, but won't truly know until I hit the trail.
Well, now to hit the showers, crack open a cold brew, and relax to a bit of tv.
20240601_185039.jpg

Last edited:
We started off the day with errands, and yet more errands, you know the fun stuff like going to the pharmacy for your blood pressure meds. Somewhere in there we managed to spend a small fortune on two new Lazyboy rocker recliners. You know us old folks need our rockers. 🤣 they should be here next weekend.

My Neice said she would take the couch the rockers are replacing, so we don't have to worry about getting rid of it. The couch is in really good shape but I just can't get comfortable on it anymore.

Other than about a hour in the shop, I've been covered with ice packs. Fun in the NOT sun.

We started off the day with errands, and yet more errands, you know the fun stuff like going to the pharmacy for your blood pressure meds. Somewhere in there we managed to spend a small fortune on two new Lazyboy rocker recliners. You know us old folks need our rockers. 🤣 they should be here next weekend.

My Neice said she would take the couch the rockers are replacing, so we don't have to worry about getting rid of it. The couch is in really good shape but I just can't get comfortable on it anymore.
Man, we used to have a recliner given to us by my FIL. I loved that thing, but it had to go when I put in the pellet stove about 10 years ago.
I supposed one day, when the kids move out, I can have my own TV room....with a recliner!

I've been lucky enough not to experince any of the poisonous plants, but when I had chicken pox, I had them so bad, there wasn't an inch of skin on my body that didn't have a blister. I feel for ya man.

Yeah it really sucks. But it will clear up some day.

I drew the short straw this time and had to work a Saturday. Doesn't happen often, maybe once every few months, but I sure don't like it.

I got this notion and spent the whole morning trying to talk myself out of this but to no avail.

20240601_203156.jpg

Now I'm going to have to work a few more Saturdays to pay for this thing.

Back