If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soon as the last person left the house, I got to work on my chore list. First up, the 3 house toilets. Our well water has this fine silt that often time gets through the house sediment filter. After years and years, it accumulate enough to be seen in the toilet tanks. Besides this silt there were also some protein build-up. Luckily, the clean up was easy, just requiring spraying from a pressurized lawn Sprayer. To finish things off, I refilled the tank and added some bleach. After that, I took the garbage and recyclables to the transfer station.
Next up was setting up a drip system for the potted veggies and deck plants. Clean up consisted of leaf blowing the deck and deck furniture, then spraying and wiping everything down to get rid of all the oak trees yellow pollen.
Love a productive day!

Sounds like you kept busy Xray.
I took a oatmeal bath and it smelled like baby formula. :depressed::depressed:
And if you perverts think I'm going to react to the "pics or it didn't happen" BS.
Think again. :eek:

I took a oatmeal bath and it smelled like baby formula. :depressed::depressed:
And if you perverts think I'm going to react to the "pics or it didn't happen" BS.
Think again. :eek:
InShot_20240529_210006667.jpg

Soon as the last person left the house, I got to work on my chore list. First up, the 3 house toilets. Our well water has this fine silt that often time gets through the house sediment filter. After years and years, it accumulate enough to be seen in the toilet tanks. Besides this silt there were also some protein build-up. Luckily, the clean up was easy, just requiring spraying from a pressurized lawn Sprayer. To finish things off, I refilled the tank and added some bleach. After that, I took the garbage and recyclables to the transfer station.
Next up was setting up a drip system for the potted veggies and deck plants. Clean up consisted of leaf blowing the deck and deck furniture, then spraying and wiping everything down to get rid of all the oak trees yellow pollen.
Love a productive day!
We had dirt in the toilet tanks before. Tree root tapped the main line.

We had dirt in the toilet tanks before. Tree root tapped the main line.
I'm on well water, which goes through a whole house filtration system. I wash out the 20" sediment filter every few months, and it is covered in this jet black, ultrafine silt.

Very nice, I figured it was a Gretsch but the headstock was at a angle so I couldn't see it.
Awesome collection.

Last edited:
I'm on well water, which goes through a whole house filtration system. I wash out the 20" sediment filter every few months, and it is covered in this jet black, ultrafine silt.
I had a house on well water. It's cool, cuz it's kinda "free" but you also inject other issues. Lovely soft, clean water is nice. But still comes at a cost.

My storage tank electro mechanical thingy decided to explode one day. Guess what? No water. On a Sunday. So plumbers and electricians are 2x the cost. And yes this was a job for both plumber and electrician. I tried my best, but....best left to the experts. They knew things I had no clue on. Mostly on the pressure of the system and the kit needed to keep it, and how to install, test, etc., then electrics.

Yeah, the whole back water filtration schedule is a thing too.

Kind of don't miss it. But as a nerd. I do. Or do I? :D

I had a house on well water. It's cool, cuz it's kinda "free" but you also inject other issues. Lovely soft, clean water is nice. But still comes at a cost.

My storage tank electro mechanical thingy decided to explode one day. Guess what? No water. On a Sunday. So plumbers and electricians are 2x the cost. And yes this was a job for both plumber and electrician. I tried my best, but....best left to the experts. They knew things I had no clue on. Mostly on the pressure of the system and the kit needed to keep it, and how to install, test, etc., then electrics.

Yeah, the whole back water filtration schedule is a thing too.

Kind of don't miss it. But as a nerd. I do. Or do I? :D
I'm not clear as to what your system consists of. My system consists of a main pump that's about 120' deep into the ground. This pump fills a large pressurized tank which delivers water to the rest of the house. But, before that, it goes through a large sediment filter, then into a softener tank, then into a radon tank. The radon tank separates radon from the water and the gas is expelled through a vent pipe that leads up through the roof of the house. A use of a radon tank requires a second water pump that delivers the final filtered water to the rest of the house.
The water filtration companies we have here can do both plumbing and electrical work for anything that involves the water system including well drilling.

Last edited:
I'm not clear as to what consists of your system consists of. My system consists of a main pump that's about 120' deep into the ground. This pump fills a large pressurized tank which delivers water to the rest of the house. But, before that, it goes through a large sediment filter, then into a softener tank, then into a radon tank. The radon tank separates radon from the water and the gas is expelled through a vent pipe that leads up through the roof of the house. A use of a radon tank requires a second water pump that delivers the final filtered water to the rest of the house.
The water filtration companies we have here can do both plumbing and electrical work for anything that involves the water system including well drilling.
This was 13 years ago. And memory is not fresh. But we lived waaaay out in the back country, Colorado. So...you kind of had to do your own digging. And I just assume every place is different, with their own issues. Like the sediment and radon. That is cool that there's such a thing as a radon tank. Things we do for water :)

We had a RO system that was super finicky. Don't miss that. It takes water to make water. Just in case any one reading this doesn't know that.

In this case my water guy was out of town, hence my own "digging". But he'd probably just say yeah, you need a plumber and an electro, bro. He was a good guy, but you gotta know your peeps limitations.

Things got fixed. But def not a thing you expected.

Like an ESC exploding on race day :D

This was 13 years ago. And memory is not fresh. But we lived waaaay out in the back country, Colorado. So...you kind of had to do your own digging. And I just assume every place is different, with their own issues. Like the sediment and radon. That is cool that there's such a thing as a radon tank. Things we do for water :)

We had a RO system that was super finicky. Don't miss that. It takes water to make water. Just in case any one reading this doesn't know that.

In this case my water guy was out of town, hence my own "digging". But he'd probably just say yeah, you need a plumber and an electro, bro. He was a good guy, but you gotta know your peeps limitations.

Things got fixed. But def not a thing you expected.

Like an ESC exploding on race day :D
I installed a small R/O system in the basement that feeds up to the kitchen sink for drinking and cooking. Never had any issues with it since I installed it about 18 years ago.

Back