If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 6F outside with a 15mph wind, the trucks can sit this one out. I built a fire in the fireplace and have been playing catch the fuzzy thing with my dog in the living room. We split some muffins earlier, the girl can eat.

I had to go out and jump my 4 wheeler, we are expecting 10" of snow tonight so I broke out the snow plow.
The sport quads I loved. A quick clutch pop and your good. Bikes are tricky but can be done. A fat friend helps alot. 🤣

I have two Polaris Sportsman 500's awesome ride but my older one needs some work.
In high-school I wanted a ricon with a chevy small block for the hell of it. If I had money to buy crap in my younger days like these entitled brats, I probably would have died a few times over.

The first atv I was on was a polaris trail blazer 250. Being the big guy I was the only one who could get it up.... crappy cvt. They had a 500cc sport predator I wanted years ago. Widh ktm had their 500 atv still.

What's wrong with the older one?

Changing out a Cummins engine

20240112_063758.jpg

In high-school I wanted a ricon with a chevy small block for the hell of it. If I had money to buy crap in my younger days like these entitled brats, I probably would have died a few times over.

The first atv I was on was a polaris trail blazer 250. Being the big guy I was the only one who could get it up.... crappy cvt. They had a 500cc sport predator I wanted years ago. Widh ktm had their 500 atv still.

What's wrong with the older one?
It wont fire and I have replaced the stator and rectifier already.
It may be in the switch. Too cold out to test it.

If it were yellow, good chance you’d not have been changing it out.
Come out on one of my nights off, to work in the wind, the rain, and the cold
Yellow is good. But I like the older green goblins.

The yellow ones get changed out more often where I work.
Bygod, I’ve never seen so many injector problems, head gasket and cracked head problems with the isx Cummins, when I was in the road we had had heads and head gaskets go bad frequently. This truck I’m in is a X15 565 with 284k 2021 model. Oil field truck. We don’t keep them usually but 2 years, lease trucks which is why we haven’t seen too many issues aside from the def systems. I will always prefer yellow over anything else. Never ran a Detroit but everybody speaks about the 60 series.

Bygod, I’ve never seen so many injector problems, head gasket and cracked head problems with the isx Cummins, when I was in the road we had had heads and head gaskets go bad frequently. This truck I’m in is a X15 565 with 284k 2021 model. Oil field truck. We don’t keep them usually but 2 years, lease trucks which is why we haven’t seen too many issues aside from the def systems. I will always prefer yellow over anything else. Never ran a Detroit but everybody speaks about the 60 series.
As a general rule, the Cummins engines are really reliable from my experience. It's all the electrical systems added onto them that cause issues. ie adblue aftertreatment systems, aftermarket add ons etc.

Shoveled way too much wet snow. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one scooping white poop today.
Just as bad as wet snow: ice! I had to remove about 20ft of 1"-2.5" of packed ice along the side of the road to clear a path to my mailbox. I had to use an ice scraper to break and free the solid mass of ice, and then used the snow shovel to lift and throw the heavy chunks. My back has been achy all day! A couple of ibuprofen really helped.

Just as bad as wet snow: ice! I had to remove about 20ft of 1"-2.5" of packed ice along the side of the road to clear a path to my mailbox. I had to use an ice scraper to break and free the solid mass of ice, and then used the snow shovel to lift and throw the heavy chunks. My back has been achy all day! A couple of ibuprofen really helped.

I know how you feel, I haven't left the couch since I finished. I can feel it in my legs when I walk around.

Back