I have an idea...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N. Mango

I swear the voices are real!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor RC Showcase: 1
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Top secret re-build in progress:cool:đź«Ł
20240629_164548.jpg
20240629_164608.jpg

That is some badassery right there!
Thanks @Doom!

OK kidding with it being secret.

I just need to tinker and a thought came to me. I also feel like (besides the body), that I built a crawler that's
pretty much like any other crawler that I see.
I have to have a fairly unique rig.

Let me know what you think.

Changes to my crawler to turn it into my vision of a 1/24 strait axle basher with "Iceland formula off-road vibes".
I have everything needed to make it happen except the overdrive portal gears.

1- Dropped suspension with stiffer springs
2- widened tires/axles
3- overdrive portal gears (4 corners)
4- Mini Godzilla brushless setup
5- replace the locked diff in front to open diff and leave the rear locked
6- Change trans gear to high lockout
7- remove the rear steer

Last edited:
Your steering links are missing the o-rings. Or did you decide not to use them? One thing I found with the Treal links I used on our Deadbox build was they came with o-rings that were too thick. It caused the suspension to be really stiff to the point they would barely move, and I had to remove one o-ring for the links to move freely.

I think you're wrong about that.
I know it's not the same as most crawler builds, as it's not as thought out as most (though it performs pretty darn good),
but visually, it just doesn't do it for me.

Your steering links are missing the o-rings. Or did you decide not to use them? One thing I found with the Treal links I used on our Deadbox build was they came with o-rings that were too thick. It caused the suspension to be really stiff to the point they would barely move, and I had to remove one o-ring for the links to move freely.
I did take the rings off. I will be putting them back on as not having them makes the left tire have too much play.
I thought I could get away with not having them on.
I'll just have them on the bottom as to keep the link up on the ball...gravity will take care of the top missing the ring.

Good eye btw!

Awesome lookin' rig man. Now all it needs is a towing boom, and it'll be good to go!

I know it's not the same as most crawler builds, as it's not as thought out as most (though it performs pretty darn good),
but visually, it just doesn't do it for me.

I did take the rings off. I will be putting them back on as not having them makes the left tire have too much play.
I thought I could get away with not having them on.
I'll just have them on the bottom as to keep the link up on the ball...gravity will take care of the top missing the ring.

Good eye btw!
I got a bunch little o-rings with the Injora links I got for our MB24 build. I think they are smaller than the Treal o-rings.

O.K., Mango. I get it now. Those Icelanders really get into their hillclimbs. You picked a good one to model after. And you've got the terrain to mimic it as well. Good luck. Post up the vids. Heck, even the fails are great!

Think I remember Iceland doing this in a 1/8 nitro bug series too. Years ago, back when I was doing nitro, recall seeing it on YT. -AC