I got a used typhon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd run the 4S, if you run two batteries it's not good to spit them up and use in different vehicles unless you are always running them in pairs. If you wear one down more than the other it can create problems when you run them together again.
Agree. If you "marry" two batteries, they stay married, and never get used separately.

Personally, 3s is plenty for that kit. It is an 8th scale, but technically, it's the same as the Arrma 3s lineup, which is all 10th scale. And our 3s Granite is a beast on 3s. It destroys itself EVERY time we run it. I really couldn't imagine how much stuff would get destroyed on 4s.

Most of this video is with the transmitter set to 75% power. As soon as we switch it to 100%, it blows the driveshafts apart.

Last edited:
Can agree with wicked on 3s is probably plenty, we got the 3s big rock and it’s destroyed the diffs, few spurs (that’s driver and pit crew issue I think though 😂) haven’t busted the driveshafts yet 🤣

oic ic so like id run one down lower and throw things off, i follow, can i join 2 2s to make a 4s? is that how it works? I'm watching videos on it currently
You can run two 2S LiPos in series to equal a 4S. Anytime you do that, those pair of batteries should be identical in every way. Only use two brand-new batteries to run a pair in series and as a couple of the other guys said, Once you run those two packs together you only ever run them together. If you run them separately, one of them will wear faster than the other, and you'll ruin at least one of the two.

I also agree with the other guys about running it on 3S instead of 4S. I would at least start with 3S and see how it handles that. If you get a few runs in without issue then try 4S. just my :2cents:

BDHI 1pc EC5 1-Female to T-Plug 2-Male Series Connector with 12awg Wire/Series Battery Adapter for Losi/E-Flite​

i have this on the way it should be here friday. I'm going to use the 2 batteries that i got when i got the car
the 2 ovionic 2s batteries, they are both brand new and havent been ran so they should marry fine
the car has the ec5 plug on it and the batteries have T plugs. i hear the T's dont hold up too well under higher battery output so ill be looking to replace that when i get better batteries
trying to work with what i have or can get for under 10 bucks at this point

51jq+0kUs2L._AC_SX569_.jpg

BDHI 1pc EC5 1-Female to T-Plug 2-Male Series Connector with 12awg Wire/Series Battery Adapter for Losi/E-Flite​

i have this on the way it should be here friday. I'm going to use the 2 batteries that i got when i got the car
the 2 ovionic 2s batteries, they are both brand new and havent been ran so they should marry fine
the car has the ec5 plug on it and the batteries have T plugs. i hear the T's dont hold up too well under higher battery output so ill be looking to replace that when i get better batteries
trying to work with what i have or can get for under 10 bucks at this point

View attachment 193188
Good luck. I would imagine as TunedFrog said with his, your Typhon is going to explode on 4s.

I just bought a pair of Ovonic 3s 9000mah 130c for my Granite 3s.
It is stupidly fast.
I have not run it thru an entire pack in 1 outing so I can't give run time but I would guess in excess of 1/2 hr/pack?
I had considered doing a 4s build with it but I just can't see a need. Its running super strong!
If I was building a speed car, sure but for bashing around, 3s is likely all I will use in the Granite.
I also run it at 75%. I'm starting to get better at steering with only 1 rear wheel actually touching the ground now too!
Now my stock Gorgon on the other hand... lol! Actually I see a 3s in its future as well actually.

my 3s batteries didnt have the power top run the typhon past the end opf my sidewalk before they were drained and cutting out.
got the jumper cable for the 2 ovionic 2 s that i got in the trade .
it worked fantastic. well till i ran into my foot, little rocket is what this damn thing is lol,
as per my typical, i broke it muahahahaaaaaa
but nothing that matters really i dont suppose, just a piece of the chasiss, little tab to make a tray fro battery, well mine is gone now...
448891815_449277967927884_4086116564317906347_n.jpg
448669673_827905548946600_3225449371939052124_n.jpg

i only got like 10 mins maybe from the 2s tho thats not very cash money, so i am gonna end up getting bigger batteries, i need at least 2 per vehicle like this as they burn hella fast,
I just bought a pair of Ovonic 3s 9000mah 130c for my Granite 3s.
It is stupidly fast.
I have not run it thru an entire pack in 1 outing so I can't give run time but I would guess in excess of 1/2 hr/pack?
I had considered doing a 4s build with it but I just can't see a need. Its running super strong!
If I was building a speed car, sure but for bashing around, 3s is likely all I will use in the Granite.
I also run it at 75%. I'm starting to get better at steering with only 1 rear wheel actually touching the ground now too!
Now my stock Gorgon on the other hand... lol! Actually I see a 3s in its future as well actually.
i wanna see!!! lol wanna see this one wheel driving i bet it looks wicked awesome lol, if the 3s i had would have worked ida stuck with it but alas is not in my cards

448768427_850738770233765_534816696792216858_n.jpg

448411160_1117000239381504_9115957129861098008_n.jpg

my 3s batteries didnt have the power top run the typhon past the end opf my sidewalk before they were drained and cutting out.
got the jumper cable for the 2 ovionic 2 s that i got in the trade .
it worked fantastic. well till i ran into my foot, little rocket is what this damn thing is lol,
as per my typical, i broke it muahahahaaaaaa
but nothing that matters really i dont suppose, just a piece of the chasiss, little tab to make a tray fro battery, well mine is gone now...
View attachment 193357View attachment 193355
i only got like 10 mins maybe from the 2s tho thats not very cash money, so i am gonna end up getting bigger batteries, i need at least 2 per vehicle like this as they burn hella fast,

i wanna see!!! lol wanna see this one wheel driving i bet it looks wicked awesome lol, if the 3s i had would have worked ida stuck with it but alas is not in my cards

View attachment 193356

View attachment 193358
LOL, I've done that more than a couple of times. I almost did it with my 25lb 1/5 scale Kraton 8S. I bet that would have broken my ankle! 🤣

Holy ouchies Batman! Did you find the chunk of your foot that fell off? 😳

Put some damned shoes on ya hillbilly! Lol.
(I don't wear shoes either, so I can't talk)

Last edited:
You need to find a big parking lot you can let her stretch her legs in! Lots of fun when you have a bit of space to cut loose. :thumbs-up:
I'm gonna take it to the baseball field soon thats a great idea, i honestly didnt think about taking it anywhere for a bit but now i kinda REALLY want to run it wide open lol
Holy ouchies Batman! Did you find the chunk of your foot that fell off? 😳

Put some damned shoes on ya hillbilly! Lol.
(I don't wear shoes either, so I can't talk)
wasn't shiny so couldnt find it, i super glued it shut, we're good to go again lolol

I'm gonna take it to the baseball field soon thats a great idea, i honestly didnt think about taking it anywhere for a bit but now i kinda REALLY want to run it wide open lol
That'll be a blast! But knowing you... 🤣
download.gif

But on a serious note, that thing looks like it really wants to rip. A big open parking lot is going to be fun.

View attachment 193368

But on a serious note, that thing looks like it really wants to rip. A big open parking lot is going to be fun.
i see this in my future with this lol, going to be rough on it but gonna try to baby it UNTIL i get another lolol

i see this in my future with this lol, going to be rough on it but gonna try to baby it UNTIL i get another lolol
You can tell it has some serious power on 4s. I wouldn't use 4s on anything but open parking lot runs. 3s for bashing is perfect on them. Our Granite is basically the same platform, and it's a real hoot on 3s, when it isn't destroying driveshafts.

View attachment 193368

Omg making me cry!!!

How do you know when the chase is over???
See above! 🤣🤣🤣

If I ever film, I'll be sure to let you know! The crazy handling on the Granite is surely due to shorter, narrower and taller stance.

Holy moly your buggy flies on 4s!
Nice work!

I got a matching cut on the top of my foot. The exact height of the Granite's bumper and yeah, it hurt too! Lol!

Last edited:
Back