got a jet- or it has got me...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Good morning to all-
So after getting and flying the UMX Eflite biplanes, I figured I might as well go for a jet. Something different, don't you know-
And Fellers, something different it is.
This little Eflite UMX F-86 Sabre jet looks cool, and it does fly cool. But there are a couple of things you might want to keep in mind.
First, this jet requires a LLLOOOONNNGGG take off run. You can't just jerk it up off the ground. It takes a long smooth runway space. It does look very scale, I guess.
Next, the landing gear is not adequate. I've repaired all three landing gear so far. This might be a better hand-launch, grass land plane. But I don't like to land on grass, so I am just keeping the landing gear and making repairs.
It goes like hell in the air, but is not terribly aerobatic- A loop takes a long time to complete- you will want to have plenty of altitude before doing much fancy flying.
I like this plane, but it is a lot different from my other Eflite planes.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Ducted fans really fly different than props. I love my UMX MiG15. Once you get used to it, it will feel natural. :)

Good morning to all-
So after getting and flying the UMX Eflite biplanes, I figured I might as well go for a jet. Something different, don't you know-
And Fellers, something different it is.
This little Eflite UMX F-86 Sabre jet looks cool, and it does fly cool. But there are a couple of things you might want to keep in mind.
First, this jet requires a LLLOOOONNNGGG take off run. You can't just jerk it up off the ground. It takes a long smooth runway space. It does look very scale, I guess.
Next, the landing gear is not adequate. I've repaired all three landing gear so far. This might be a better hand-launch, grass land plane. But I don't like to land on grass, so I am just keeping the landing gear and making repairs.
It goes like hell in the air, but is not terribly aerobatic- A loop takes a long time to complete- you will want to have plenty of altitude before doing much fancy flying.
I like this plane, but it is a lot different from my other Eflite planes.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Congrats on the new Jet, that is cool but you know what would even be cooler?:D

:nopics:
Good afternoon to all-

You're right, of course. Here is a pic of the new jet. If not for the crappy landing gear, this would be a first-rate little plane. We'll work on beefing the gear up.

Ed

f-86 pic.JPG

Good afternoon to all-

You're right, of course. Here is a pic of the new jet. If not for the crappy landing gear, this would be a first-rate little plane. We'll work on beefing the gear up.

Ed

View attachment 192434
Wow! That's a cool little jet!

That thing is sweet!! Thanks for sharing pic 😎