FTM Grip Traction compound

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
If anyone has any information about these I would like it. I know it's a Maryland based company. But it's a old brand and I don't see much about it. Trying to figure out what green compound is. I have red and I know what it is (via live RC article)
PXL_20240623_161848084.MP.jpg

Or maybe it was one of the colors listed in the article and maybe it just got discolored? 🤔

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...4QFnoECBoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1FOvSet7NxKxB5j3ZLqkNn

Wondering if traction compound can expire?

Last edited:
If anyone has any information about these I would like it. I know it's a Maryland based company. But it's a old brand and I don't see much about it. Trying to figure out what green compound is. I have red and I know what it is (via live RC article)
View attachment 192901
Or maybe it was one of the colors listed in the article and maybe it just got discolored? 🤔

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...4QFnoECBoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1FOvSet7NxKxB5j3ZLqkNn

Or maybe someone put Simple Green in an empty bottle?

I also have red, but it isn't with a spray bottle top.

Red softens up the rubber so I put it on my street tires and I'm letting them dry in the tire bags.

From Facebook, the CEO passed away in 2019..

I got some special potions on my hands. hehehehe :cool:🤣

View attachment 192901

Or they mixed yellow & blue making green. Wouldn't think it goes bad. It's a chemical compound. Won't separate over time. I've read some folks mix up their own traction compound. Not sure if Simple Green is a go to. It's also a compound, not a solvent.

Well, back in the day, Team Kinwald's Buggy Grip 2 was my introduction to traction compound. My last bottle purchased has since evaporated a lot, but the stuff looks like straight up Simple Green, and smells like Acetone. Simple Green was used as a very mild tire softener. I would suspect an additional "additive"/oil was used in Buggy Grip. The other traction voodoo spray stuff pictured smells of Acetone/petroleum product mixture.
IMG_20240624_080124208.jpg