Found a nice Timaya RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC2024

RC Newbie
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
in the trash. Looks to be in good shape. I need help diagnosing and fixing it to get it going. Thanks
image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello everyone

I read the parts between a hornet and grasshopper are “interchangeable” but that could be wrong

The first thing to do is try to find the manual. Is that a Frog? Grasshopper? Or Hornet? I can never tell them apart.
Frog rear shocks are horizontal, and the front uses torsion bars. Also the rear axle is an IRS trailing arm design.

That’s a Grasshopper judging by the ABS plastic body.

The Hornet rear axle also can rotate a few degrees, where as the Grasshopper has a fixed pivot setup. 🍻🤙

Frog rear shocks are horizontal, and the front uses torsion bars. Also the rear axle is an IRS trailing arm design.

That’s a Grasshopper judging by the ABS plastic body.

The Hornet rear axle also can rotate a few degrees, where as the Grasshopper has a fixed pivot setup. 🍻🤙
Good info. I was never much of a Tamiya guy.

The good thing is, there should still be plenty of parts for it.

Good info. I was never much of a Tamiya guy.

The good thing is, there should still be plenty of parts for it.
I was in the mid ‘80’s. We had a HIGHLY modified Hornet that absolutely dominated everything in sight in the Tamiya class. LOTS of changes, and most of which nobody could see..😎

Yep-they’ll never stop making parts for that chassis as long as they’re in business.

What you have there is a Hornet, but with a Grasshopper body (which is an upgrade, Hornet bodies break easy) and aftermarket rear tires.

AFAIK Its missing the front bumper and the three-screw part that holds the front a-arms in.
You can find the manual here

Back