First rc Slash bl2s update and my journey to monster wide slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting springs for sure. But hey, if they do what you want, awesome. For rough/rutted track, I always added weight to my 2wd SCTs. About 4oz. most years to be exact... plus the ballast weight that was included in later versions of the platform. It just handled so much better.
Inclued weight ? What is the brand ?
And yea it makes a real difference ! The car is planted. Idk why ppl puts weight on the bumper tho. It was the worst when i experienced with it.

The Team Associated B4.2, T4.2, and SC10.2 Factory Team kits included a 17g block alloy cast weight to be placed at the rear end.
1719835407335.png

In addition to the above ballast weight, I added 4 oz. of stick-on weights to certain areas on my SC10/T4 rides to better handle bumps and the rough stuff.

1719835897790.jpeg
1719836727222.jpeg

Inclued weight ? What is the brand ?
And yea it makes a real difference ! The car is planted. Idk why ppl puts weight on the bumper tho. It was the worst when i experienced with it.
I've always wanted to build a monster SCT. The Slash's higher center of gravity chassis design has it's challenges I'm sure. Let 'er rip!

I think the only time I've seen weight added to a front bumper was on speed run platforms. When adding weight, going too far out past the axles would have too much of a pendulum effect while cornering/jumping... why we now see dominate mid motor 2wd platforms on higher traction surfaces. I'm old school, and like my old school off-road dirt. I'm sure if I lived near an indoor carpet/turf track I'd change my mind.

I've fallen in love with SCTs even more so since driving a 4wd SCT. The additional driveline weight (even on the so called superlite/lightweight 4wd SCT platform) made driving on my backyard track so much more enjoyable. The feeling was night and day... I sold all my 2wd SCT rides that I told myself I would never get rid of. 🤷‍♂️😁

I've always wanted to build a monster SCT. The Slash's higher center of gravity chassis design has it's challenges I'm sure. Let 'er rip!
I really like the high center of gravity ! I like offroad and low speed super rough terrains lol
With the wider arms its really hard to roll.

When adding weight, going too far out past the axles would have too much of a pendulum effect while cornering/jumping... why we now see dominate mid motor 2wd platforms on higher traction surfaces. I'm old school, and like my old school off-road dirt. I'm sure if I lived near an indoor carpet/turf track I'd change my mind.
Yea it was spinning in circles with the weight on the bumper.
I've fallen in love with SCTs even more so since driving a 4wd SCT. The additional driveline weight (even on the so called superlite/lightweight 4wd SCT platform) made driving on my backyard track so much more enjoyable. The feeling was night and day... I sold all my 2wd SCT rides that I told myself I would never get rid of. 🤷‍♂️😁
I never drove 4x4 and i think i would love it but I'm happy i bought the 2wd first. I'm disapointed that it "can't" be modified into a 4x4 tho.

Back