Big bore tranny - vesla

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RELIC01

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Has anybody got this new big bore trannycase from kraken ? The listing is confusing , as to what gears are needed , I've got the hardened steel gears , wondering if they are compatible or is this a Traxxas money grabbing trick I can't tell , looks to be quality stuff but not sure what's needed here , thanx for your info ,,,,,

If you already have the hardened steel gears they are compatible. You will need to purchase the new larger Idler gear though. They also have an updated layshaft you can purchase to go with it.

Thanks SOOOOO much , it's awesome to connect with others that know, ya , I got the case and the idler gear , I just didn't know if the hardened and the bigger as it's called were the same gear ,I noticed the hardened one has some wear already so I got the other one anyways, thanx really appreciate it , I'm staying with the Taylor lay shaft for now , see how things fit , I'm hoping the Taylor works out , I'm more confident in it

I built up a pretty nice Vekta.5, and not I get my Vesla SBK in the mail this week. I can't wait to start building it. Now I am really contemplating building a the trophy truck next.

I ordered the trophy truck gas , kit , got some cool plans for body paint , Taylor reed 35 but that's not till October , I'm trying to sell some things to help with the build

Just wanted to the difference in the regular tranny case and the idler gear , WOW that gear is almost twice as big , hardened steel , we shall see if this stuff can hold up to Taylor 46 power hmmmmm,,,,,, that's a brand new bearing out of the vesla bearing kit , FREEEEEEKN bone dry !! Pack them bearings guys a lot of them come not greased

IMG_20240610_142536620_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240610_143011571_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240610_143738922.jpg

Last edited:
That is good to know. I just got my Vesla.5 Gas builders kit in the mail this weekend. I thought about getting the big bore transmission, but I had just purchased the HD transmission and all the gears a few weeks before they announced the Big Bore transmission. I'm still so torn on the powerplant for mine. I am choosing between the ESP 34cc that I have on my Vekta or trying electric. I have an unopened Hobbywing Max5/800kv sitting in my box.

Thats the way it went for , I got the gas vesla , like a idiot , hooked it up to a Taylor 46 , found out the hard way all interior parts are junk , I've improved it all now , we shall see how it goes , I don't like the way I can't use the inside bearing on the Taylor lay shaft , but no way the n going back to the slipper crap

JEEEEEZE !! This big bore tranny is exactly what a vesla needs I broke gears 3 times and a drive shaft , all four things was digging out of corners, I've done that several times now and no problems at all , FINNALLY something that can handle Taylor power , very pleased and another JEEEEEZE !!!! It's kraken product ,I've said when there bad so here's my output when there right on the money !!

1000000786.jpg

That new idler gear is huge

Beware when assembling though. The motor plate has to be installed before closing up the case.
1000000787.jpg

Last edited:
Ya , the matchup on the round pieces was a tricky one , but once it's in right really goes together well

Back