anyone try sidewall inserts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroThutmose

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
jcocepts sells some little semicircular rubber ring sidewall inserts that you glue to the inside of the wheel to increase sidewall stiffness. Has anyone tried these? i can't find much info about the effects they have on handling. I'm very curious how this might work in an oval race application.

used Gorilla tape when I raced carpet back in 95(on DDS)..it gave me more traction in corners..never used premade ones b4

The idea behind the sidewall inserts is to allow you to run a softer compound tire than you normally would to get more grip and the insert will prevent the tire from flexing too much to be less likely to experience a traction roll due to running a softer compound tire.

If you're not traction rolling and need more grip, then no need for inserts for the given compound you're running ;)

The idea behind the sidewall inserts is to allow you to run a softer compound tire than you normally would to get more grip and the insert will prevent the tire from flexing too much to be less likely to experience a traction roll due to running a softer compound tire.

If you're not traction rolling and need more grip, then no need for inserts for the given compound you're running ;)
oh we traction roll all the time.

Back