What is your favorite Hydro dipping film most preferred?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KING BLITZ

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Boating
Curious to know what brand of film you guys prefer to use and why thx

Curious to know what brand of film you guys prefer to use and why thx
Not seen anybody on this forum doing it. Would love to see some bodies done with it though.

Our HGP407 was bought with a hydrodipped body.
a86e094f40a6d15af00b7f35ebb0e010.jpg

I have a Dip Ape kit I bought. I'm going try it on a aftermarket body for my Kraton. Got the body prepped. I'll be doing it hopefully this weekend.

Not familiar with the process. Had to google it. Wikipedia link comes up with 'Water Transfer Printing.' Is this the process?

Might be something I'd try on a set of RC wheels.

Thanks for starting the thread. -AC

I looked into it about 9 years ago after a guy here in town started doing it. It's pretty cool. You can also do it with paint instead of the film.

Also, after a body is film dipped, you can back it with Lexan spray paint to add color or depth.
Or you can candy the body then dip it.

Or you can candy the body then dip it.
This is true. I'm going to tape mask the windows, maybe other areas, Liquid Mask over that. Remove the tape. Spray that. Then remove the liquid mask then film dip it & back with another light color coat. Everything inside & layered.

I have a Dip Ape kit I bought. I'm going try it on a aftermarket body for my Kraton. Got the body prepped. I'll be doing it hopefully this weekend.
I can't wait to see what you do with it. I would love to play around with it myself some day.

That being said, I figured out hydrodipping when I was a kid. I sprayed some paint into a big water catch tub my dad kept under a downspout by the garage. He used it to cool hot stuff after welding and such. I spray painted something over the barrel and the paint was on the water. I dipped a hot wheels car afterwards lol.

I can't wait to see what you do with it. I would love to play around with it myself some day.

That being said, I figured out hydrodipping when I was a kid. I sprayed some paint into a big water catch tub my dad kept under a downspout by the garage. He used it to cool hot stuff after welding and such. I spray painted something over the barrel and the paint was on the water. I dipped a hot wheels car afterwards lol.
Heck yeah. I'll get it done soon. I've been playing around with the liquid mask. Did a few things with it to see what to expect. I've used foam brushes. Works well, 3 coats. I got a cheap Amazon electric sprayer, like to spray fences with to spray the inside of the body shells.
Oh yeah, I use to do the spray paint & water thing. 😆

Back