20221213_130443.jpg

Build Showcase Warby's Baja Bug build

Baja Bug (Herbie the love bug style), bitza, Typhon/Senton hybrid.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always loved a baja/dune bug. This is a cool build and a great idea! I'd like to hearmore about how it holds up as the beach war wagon over time.
I love Herbie the Love Bug scheme too!

I have always loved a baja/dune bug. This is a cool build and a great idea! I'd like to hearmore about how it holds up as the beach war wagon over time.
I love Herbie the Love Bug scheme too!
Thanks. So far the body has taken a beating as you could imagine. I discovered too late that I had forgotten to cover the vent holes in the wheels so the paddle tyres/foams got full of sand. Luckily they were relatively cheap so ordered another set. After a session at the beach, I clean it and drown it in WD40. So far no issues with the electronics or bearings. I did break a shock, so I fitted limiting straps.

Last edited:
That actually doesn't sound too bad for maintenance.
It must have been something flying around with 5lbs of sand in each tire!!! 🤣🤣🤣

That actually doesn't sound too bad for maintenance.
It must have been something flying around with 5lbs of sand in each tire!!! 🤣🤣🤣
It operated like a heavier rig. The heavy tyres actually made it more stable but they started to get out of balance. When I removed them I was surprised how heavy they were.

I thought I'd add some context to the story behind the body of this build. I mentioned in the build thread that my wife had chosen the colour scheme. Herbie the love bug theme. The reason for this was her father, Herbie, had passed away unexpectedly not too long before I built it.

I just mentioned to her that WoodiE had featured this showcase of the bug. She started crying with happy tears. I wasn't unexpected that reaction for her. I hadn't realised what it meant to her.

I'm not sure why I'm sharing this on a public forum but either way, thank you @WoodiE and thanks for the compliments and likes, guys.