Venting belted rc tires erevo/ kraton 6s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshaf

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Recently purchased a set of proline belted street fighters for my erevo 2.0 vxl and kraton 6s, as I do a lot of street driving. Tires handle excellent and wearing like iron so far. Would it be a good idea to seal the rim holes and vent the tread to clear the tire of water/ debris? Have done this on all my non belted off road tires and works great, just not sure if putting a few holes in the belt would risk damaging it?

I wouldn't cut into the wires in the belt itself. Maybe the sidewall you can vent.

I'm not sure Id vent the sidewalls either. Id probably put closed cell foams in it and then the water wont hurt your foams.

But where are you gonna vent the tire?

It makes no sense to vent the sidewall. The only reason to vent a tire is ao things that make their way into the tire will escape. How will it escape if the vent is in the sidewall?

It makes no sense to vent the sidewall. The only reason to vent a tire is ao things that make their way into the tire will escape. How will it escape if the vent is in the sidewall?
True

Back