Traxxas UDR. Body Shell

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandyManUK

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all

Can I please have some advice or people’s thoughts
On my UDR I am fed up of the 4 body screws at each side ripping out of the body leaving the shell
To flap around, I thought on my new body shell to mark and area in each corner to fit a reinforcement piece
Of plastic of about 2cm x 2cm by carefully scratching the area on the body and on the plastic and glueing them then
Re drilling the holes hopefully strengthening the area or even glueing a strip of plastic the length of each side

Your thoughts would help alot

Shaun

u thinking about something like this?
(not fully scale just a demo piece)

2024-06-10.png

might work.you dont drill body post holes you buy a body reamer

Hi all

On my UDR I am fed up of the 4 body screws at each side ripping out of the body leaving the shell
To flap around, I thought on my new body shell to mark and area in each corner to fit a reinforcement piece
Of plastic of about 2cm x 2cm by carefully scratching the area on the body and on the plastic and glueing them then
Re drilling the holes hopefully strengthening the area or even glueing a strip of plastic the length of each side

Shaun
Yup
Dragon Grips RC Body Mounts Hole Protection Kit, Small 8 Pieces RC Decals Body Mount RC Body Washers to Protect Body & Mounting Post During Impact, Self-Adhesive Textured PVC Rubber, Black https://a.co/d/4x9B68F

You can use a sticky wrap of some type also any thing from felt paper to carbon fiber wrap...the guy that make the silicon grips for radio makes them or made them .when I first saw his grips online .I ordered 6 he sent me 8 purple body post pucks.(my wording not his iam sure its a different name).anyway I took some contact cement and attached them with that. On my Basher revo

Global web icon

Big Squid RC
https://www.bigsquidrc.com/product-s…

Been preaching it for years !! You reinforce your whole body with E6000 , forget about it , those holes will outlast you ! No science lessons here , just a pair of latex gloves and a caulk tube full of indestructible forgetaboutit

Yup
Dragon Grips RC Body Mounts Hole Protection Kit, Small 8 Pieces RC Decals Body Mount RC Body Washers to Protect Body & Mounting Post During Impact, Self-Adhesive Textured PVC Rubber, Black https://a.co/d/4x9B68F
They look great but they don’t deliver to the UK and they need to be a lot stronger

Been preaching it for years !! You reinforce your whole body with E6000 , forget about it , those holes will outlast you !
I have reinforced the body the tape and E6000 but it holes in the bottom corner that rip out

Would something like this work?

Three ring binder thingies.
Thanks but they need to be a lot stronger

might work.you dont drill body post holes you buy a body reamer
Thanks I meant to say drill holes in the plastic for the longer screws

Hi all

Shaun
Either solution should work, just use a synthetic that's tougher than the OEM (polycarbonate) body. If it were me, I'd probably put a thin strip on both sides and sandwich the bottom edge of the body shell.

Been preaching it for years !! You reinforce your whole body with E6000 , forget about it , those holes will outlast you ! No science lessons here , just a pair of latex gloves and a caulk tube full of indestructible forgetaboutit
That is a good option, but not just Shoe Goo or E6000. You want to use drywall fiber tape with it too. But I'd still use the hole protection kit I linked above along with the Shoe Goo/tape if it is a real problem.

They look great but they don’t deliver to the UK and they need to be a lot stronger

I have reinforced the body the tape and E6000 but it holes in the bottom corner that rip out

Thanks but they need to be a lot stronger

Thanks I meant to say drill holes in the plastic for the longer screws
Then find you some 3mm nylon washers and glue in there.

A big thanks to everyone who replied
So many great ideas and thoughts I will have a rethink before I go any further

Again thanks to all

Back