Team Blue Groove body donation program

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CertifiedMike

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi! Its my first post in a while... be nice! Lol!
I have a few old uncut lexan bodies made of unobtanium. I have been reluctant to use them due to their rarety. I don't want to just bash them at the track or driveway.
I had been trying to fit a body to a kit and found that the "Parma Stinger for Hornet" body that fits oh so nicely isn't on ebay, nor was I able to find in online shops.
I came across Team Blue Groove and I thought "WOW!!!! Maybe these guys could help me out???"
It seems that Team Blue Groove will make a repop of a classic lexan body... provided its not cut or painted.
My old Stinger body came painted green and silver, right from Parma but I figured no harm in asking so... I fired out an email and Jon got back to me.
Team Blue Groove has a pretty huge collection of bodies. The site has me drooling like I was when I was a kid... looking at all the AWESOME bodies that would CLEARLY lead me to pole position in the A-main EVERY TIME! Lol!
So here's the thing... I want to donate a few old classic bodies to these guys. This would make them availible for everyone in the future. It will also provide me with access to the bodies that I didn't have the heart to cut up, and cut the hell out of them, guilt free!!! Lol!
The ONLY catch I see is that the original body will not survive the remake process. I can have it back but it will not be usable.
What does everyone think?
Should I be the only kid in Maine with an MRP Funco Shorty '82' body?
Does anyone else have experience donating a body for something like this?
Does anyone have Team Blue Groove bodies that they love or hate?

IMG_20240627_120914.jpg

I say go for it man. I don't have a need for any of those, but I am sure a lot of people would love to see some bodies brought back from the dead. I love their site as well and plan to order a few bodies from them. @Greywolf74 is actually ordering a few 24th scale bodies from them. Maybe he can chime in when he gets them.

I once let a company borrow a rifle I owned, so they could take measurements for "accessories" they were going to offer. Non-destructive and I got the rifle back a few months later, if you don't have a need for the bodies, I'd say go for it.

The ONLY catch I see is that the original body will not survive the remake process. I can have it back but it will not be usable.
I would do it. I would think that BG would give you one of the remakes for donating the body. In fact Id contact them and tell them thats a stipulation. Worst case scenario you just buy one of the remakes.

I say go for it man. I don't have a need for any of those, but I am sure a lot of people would love to see some bodies brought back from the dead. I love their site as well and plan to order a few bodies from them. @Greywolf74 is actually ordering a few 24th scale bodies from them. Maybe he can chime in when he gets them.
I can and I will.

Their donation program already stipulates copies of the body donated or a different body of my choosing as well as a discount on a future purchase.
The details all look good to me.
I guess I am just hoping for someone to tell me a good story about how they did this...
I am thinking I am going to move ahead with this.
I really like the idea that other ppl will be able to purchase these again too.
I need to get my email to actually forward the pics of the bodies.
I have a few wings as well, gear covers?
I have a bit of a museum going here! Lol!
Thanks for the input!
I'll post and update of course!

Back