Strongest sct wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandlife

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
For those who have run many types of 2.2/3.0 wheels, what would you consider to be the strongest?
I've run jconcepts, tekno, ae, arrma and some amazon cheapo’s.
I've had some spun hexes and one cracked inner wheel lip in the jconcepts wheels, broken webbing on the inside of tekno wheels, cracked inner lip on ae. So far the amazon specials have put up with the most abuse, but they are also waaaayy heavier!

I've yet to try proline 2.2/3.0 wheels, but have been eyeing up the raid beadlocks to try, just worries about weight, and cost if they dont hold up.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
With my slash, I run on 2s power only. I stripped a couple hexes before. But never cracked a wheel. Well I do take that back, but I was using 2.8 rustler truck tires so can't really count that.

I used Premounted duratrax SCT tires in the past and those were nice. But the wheels look rough currently, after all that abuse. For my race wheels, I use DE Racing Trinidad. I use them cause my uncle used them back in the day with his scte's. I really like those wheels. Never had an issue with them.

I don't race SCT anymore, but my preferred brand back in the day was DE Racing dish wheels, be sure to boil your wheels in water for about 5 min submerged with a hanger being careful not to let the plastic hit the bottom of the pot and that will make them extremely flexible and less likely to crack ;)

Two votes for DE so far…

I haven't had any problems with TLR sct wheels

My SCT410.3 blew my losi 22SCT’s wheels apart, well just one.
The proline raids however have held up on the same platforms with the max badlands, as well as in the 2.8 size OG badlands I use on the DB48 and XTM XTerminator.
I recently mounted up the JC hazards with the choppers to my 410.3 and they are great. No clearance issues either.

For those who have run many types of 2.2/3.0 wheels, what would you consider to be the strongest?
I've run jconcepts, tekno, ae, arrma and some amazon cheapo’s.
I've had some spun hexes and one cracked inner wheel lip in the jconcepts wheels, broken webbing on the inside of tekno wheels, cracked inner lip on ae. So far the amazon specials have put up with the most abuse, but they are also waaaayy heavier!

I've yet to try proline 2.2/3.0 wheels, but have been eyeing up the raid beadlocks to try, just worries about weight, and cost if they dont hold up.

Thoughts?
Yeah, I am leery of certain brands of wheels with too many spokes/openings, but I refuse to buy dished wheels. Which Team Associated wheels have you cracked?

Yeah, I am leery of certain brands of wheels with too many spokes/openings, but I refuse to buy dished wheels. Which Team Associated wheels have you cracked?
I'm also not a dish wheel guy, those are for open wheel rigs only, imo.
The only associated wheels I've run are the stockers from my pro4 sc10.

I'm also not a dish wheel guy, those are for open wheel rigs only, imo.
The only associated wheels I've run are the stockers from my pro4 sc10.
I've always kept a generous amount of original SC10 KMC (hex) wheels on hand, because they never gave my a problem. I'd buy them up whenever I seen them offered cheaply on eBay. Not sure if VP Pro wheels are any good, but I have them bookmarked if/when my SC10 KMC wheel supply dries up. The VP Pro SC wheels look very similar to KMC wheels...
1716134536322.png

Back