Replacement tires and rims for Team Associated MGT 3.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstinson41

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm probably thinking to hard about this but I need some replacement rims and tires for my Team Associated MGT 3.0 . Finding the originals is hard to fined. Can I get some suggestions on non-OEM replacements? Thank you.

Those are the wheels/tires for the MGT 8.0 which is an 1/8 scale rig. The MGT 3.0 is a 1/10 scale rig.

I'm probably thinking to hard about this but I need some replacement rims and tires for my Team Associated MGT 3.0 . Finding the originals is hard to fined. Can I get some suggestions on non-OEM replacements? Thank you.
Any 2.8 sized tires and wheels with the correct hex size should do the trick. Measure the outside diameter of the tire and compare the over all height with the possible replacements you're looking at is also a good idea.

Those are the wheels/tires for the MGT 8.0 which is an 1/8 scale rig. The MGT 3.0 is a 1/10 scale rig.

Any 2.8 sized tires and wheels with the correct hex size should do the trick. Measure the outside diameter of the tire and compare the over all height with the possible replacements you're looking at is also a good idea.
Yep. He needs an OG Maxx wheel, which is 14mm, and 2.8. Or grab some 17mm hexes, and stop having problems finding wheels. 🤙🍻

Thanks all for the help.

As far as the "Or grab some 17mm hexes, and stop having problems finding wheels" comment, is that because 17mm seems to be the more popular size?

Last edited:
Thanks all for the help.

As far as the "Or grab some 17mm hexes, and stop having problems finding wheels" comment, is that because 17mm seems to be the more popular size?
Correct sir.

You could go 23mm, but that’s gonna open up a lot of wheels/tires too heavy for the 1/10 driveline, bearings, diffs, etc..

Back