Monster slash with longer shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocoune

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Hey here we go with another thread lol

I want more ground clearance with my monster slash. Does anyone here can help me ?

I tried to see if the rear shocks fit in front but it doesn't. I tried to look for 120 mm shocks in rear can't find anything.

There is no plastic shock towers that have other mounting holes that i can find. I want to try to lower the shock mount or put longer shocks and slighly higher the shock mount.

Idk if someone did it. I do offroad so i want soft suspension but at same time it annoys me when i hit a rock because of cog.

Are you running a LCG or HCG chassis?

Most of the parts inter-change between the two, so if yours is the LCG, maybe switch to get that extra inch of ground clearance.

Are you running a LCG or HCG chassis?

Most of the parts inter-change between the two, so if yours is the LCG, maybe switch to get that extra inch of ground clearance.
I have the hcg but the front and rear is still "low".

I have the hcg but the front and rear is still "low".
Larger tires will help. Longer arms on all 4 might help.

Did you play around with the shocks? Change springs or play with preloads?

To stiffen the front you could put long rear springs in the short front shocks.

Larger tires will help. Longer arms on all 4 might help.

Did you play around with the shocks? Change springs or play with preloads?

To stiffen the front you could put long rear springs in the short front shocks.
I already have 2.8 tires and longer arms and since i like offroad i prefer not to stiffen the shock too much. Thats why i want maybe long shocks or different shocktowers or both. I could try to drill new holes in the shock towers. Its redneck but could work. I saw some allu aftermarket shock towers for the 2wd but i really like plastics.

Back