20221125_182949.jpg

Build Showcase Kyosho Ultima

Kyosho Ultima re-release

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More OMG LOVE!!! ❤️❤️❤️🤣
I always wanted one of these too! 2wd versions of my favorite r/c's ever!
How does she go with the Castle set up?

More OMG LOVE!!! ❤️❤️❤️🤣
I always wanted one of these too! 2wd versions of my favorite r/c's ever!
How does she go with the Castle set up?
She RIPS! But I only gave her a few blips around the living room carpet, and a bit around the kitchen/dining area linoleum. On the carpet, it did a wheel stand easily, and kinda scared me thinking it was going to do a backflip. It's a shelf queen, so that's the only running it will ever do.

I would actually like to buy another of each of my Kyosho's and build them for playing, but we have a lot of other RC's for bashing.

I would throw one on the track right now and see how it does! (Not a shelf queen of course!)
I remember those Ultima's KICKING ASS at the track! 2wd class was RC10, Ultima and JRX2's and I wanted them all! LOL!
The Ultima's success is what drove a lot of hobby shops to start stocking Kyosho parts.
I had to drive to the city hobby shops for my Optima parts. The guys at that shop raced so they ALWAYS had THE Kyosho race parts! Good times!

I would throw one on the track right now and see how it does! (Not a shelf queen of course!)
I remember those Ultima's KICKING ASS at the track! 2wd class was RC10, Ultima and JRX2's and I wanted them all! LOL!
The Ultima's success is what drove a lot of hobby shops to start stocking Kyosho parts.
I had to drive to the city hobby shops for my Optima parts. The guys at that shop raced so they ALWAYS had THE Kyosho race parts! Good times!
Them were the good old days man. My local shop back in the 80's had everything for the Kyosho cars. All the cool Option House stuff, replacement parts, etc. I am glad Kyosho still produces the Legendary kits. I just wish they were better able to keep them in stock.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm doing it wrong but it seems like re-re parts aren't always as good maybe? It seems like the manufacturers don't like to stock the parts.
Like if I buy a 40th RC10GT, I want to bring it to a track and race it.
Win or lose, I'm positive that I will be breaking stuff.
I need parts support! I'm DEF not a good driver right now!
I have a bunch of stuff that SHOULD be shelved but I wanna run em!!! Lol!

The RC10GT just came back. In time, I bet the parts support picks up a lot. Especially if tracks start running vintage racing classes using them. Here's hoping, because besides Kyosho, the vintage Team Associated stuff is my second favorites.

Here's my B4 with a Keifer Designs paint job. Remember Keifer?
20211228_093453.jpg

I reached out to Associated about 1 month ago asking about the re-re parts avail. They were unable to confirm parts availability at that time. I am waiting until I know more.
I want to race and it would make me happy to race either an old buggy or something NO ONE else races.
Vintage buggies just always made me happy.
I am very hopeful that Associated gets back to the company it was. Even if its only a racing division, something that makes it feel like home again.
That car is beautiful! If I recall correctly, Keifer did a red fade to black and white checkered flag body that BLEW my mind! I guess I just hadn't seen a body done like that before!
That's a fun bit of history you have there!