Junk eMail

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Here's the corner of an email I got yesterday, the 19th.
Yeah, right. Like I'm gonna' open the attachment.
I can't help but wonder what surprises were in store.
Like all the good viruses these days, it's out of Russia.
Make sure you have a good filter installed. You'll notice that it went into
my junk mail folder so I could make a decision not to open it.

Untitled-12.jpg

You'll notice on the top that it says, "Cyrillic (windows)
I had to look up that word, and here's the first line from the search:

The Russian Alphabet (Cyrillic)

The Russian words in the following list are all written with the Cyrillic alphabet but if you read them carefully, one word at a time, from top to bottom ...

Last edited:
WTF, Rolex? Are you sniffing your wax again?

You should open that Rolex, I bet somebody wants to send you tons of money, they just need your bank account info to proceed with the transfer. Seriously, I had a Nigerian prince hit me up a couple years ago, how do you think I pay for all this RC stuff? :D

Believe it or not, last time I checked our ISP gateway filter (which catches about 90% of the SPAM) most of it originates in China. Before buying the appliance, at one time we were simply going to block all of China's IP space. We have two other layers that catch another 5 - 7% on average to minimize customer frustration, and to help protect our customers from their own stupidity.

OpenDNS is worth looking into as well. Won't stop spam but will help protect against phishing and malware sites. Free with some banners or $9.95 a year.

Back