Incredible micro crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA0701

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
If you're not familiar with Josh, at TexomaRC, he is one of the nicest guys in the industry, and one that is truly innovating on a daily basis. I will let this new rig's performance speak for itself, but those recoveries are truly next level control, for sure, and Josh's ability to get so much out of each of his rigs. Not only is he designing and creating these kits, but he also doesn't hold anything back, he will gladly tell you every single thing he did to get his rig to run like this, and is always happy to help in any way he can, so that you can get your rig on the rocks.

It is people like Josh, and so many of the good folks on this forum and elsewhere, always happy to help one another, and share the most valuable thing they have, which is their experience and knowledge, that makes RC the best hobby around!

By the way, speaking of people going above and beyond, I have two parts out for delivery today, coming from two different companies, and the moment they arrive I will be coming back to inform everyone of how these folks went above and beyond, as well, in order to get me out of a bind. I will also be providing some updates on the Capra as well.

Pretty cool lil rig.. Need little softer compound tires.

Something like that, I would definitely have rear steering.
That thing is like a spider crawling up the wall.

How much those little guys

It is funny you mentioned that. Josh has told me that 4WS is possible, and he'd be happy to help me make it happen. he is always really responsive and easy to contact. I also just asked him if making an MOA rig in that 1/24 - 1/18 scale is possible, and I haven't heard back yet. But, yeah, if you check out his videos, his rigs are ultra capable, and has has videos of them running up, over, and across some impossible obstacles, really astonishing stuff, for sure.

Why is it, every time I type the word obstacles, I hear it in Delmar's voice from O'Brother Where Art Thou?

How much those little guys
This is his Etsy store, where he sells all of his products. He'll reply to comments of YT, or can be reached through his Etsy store, Facebook, Instagram, and even said his phone number is available on the web as well.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/texomarc/?etsrc=sdt

Checked him out pretty cool little rigs

Checked him out pretty cool little rigs
Just like the RCT community, Josh is a genuinely nice and helpful cat as well.

Just like the RCT community, Josh is a genuinely nice and helpful cat as well.
Good people hard to find these days. Most people know to much for there own good well act like they know it all.

I just heard back from Josh, on the MOA possibilities.This was his response:

"That is the plan but if happens this year, like finished, I’d be super stoked! I gotta get these guys rolling, if I’m going to get there. I think the smallest moa I’d build is going to be in the 200-220mm range, compared to this at 172mm. I do love driving one handed independent rear steer but there’s something about the art of a drag axle that makes it my favorite. Also, in the classes, a MOA is still drag axle, while a super has MOA and rear steer. It’s going to be fun, I just gotta get there, first. And, these rigs are already freaking beyond amazing! Thanks for the words and thanks for hangin. Hope you have a great one."

Good people hard to find these days. Most people know to much for there own good well act like they know it all.
I always do my best to portray myself in as real of a way as possible. I simply make sure those whomever I am speaking to understands that I know nothing, and that is where I am starting 😁

I checked out his site. He has some cool stuff.
Said he has 12 sets of silver carbon rails coming in as well for these rigs. A tough rig to beat on the rocks, no matter how you look at it, just super capable.

Said he has 12 sets of silver carbon rails coming in as well for these rigs. A tough rig to beat on the rocks, no matter how you look at it, just super capable.
I messaged him see what all he’s got.

I messaged him see what all he’s got.
You'll have to keep us informed on how it goes, especially if you decide to build one. When I am done with this Capra, one these is next for me. Speaking of that, there will be some updates on the Capra coming in the next few days.

You'll have to keep us informed on how it goes, especially if you decide to build one. When I am done with this Capra, one these is next for me. Speaking of that, there will be some updates on the Capra coming in the next few days.
Can’t wait to see it!! 👍

Josh running the rocks, a little competition between friends, which is always fun, and usually hillarious. One thing I love about Josh's channel, he always provides a ton of detailed information on building his rigs, how he builds them, and why he does things a certain way. This video is a perfect example of that. Enjoy the Slayer Prime with Dominator links, Josh is always learning, and innovating, always doing all he can to sure up any weaknesses he experiences on his rigs, making them better all the time. I can't think of another rig designer who puts in more effort, along with the incredible level of personal support he provides as well. Such an impressive little rig, so capable, and is going to definitely be the next rig on my bench when I finish the Capra.

Did some fast forwarding to watch it, will have to watch the whole thing when I get home tonight. :thumbs-up:
Really is worth the time, tons of information provided on what works, what doesn't and why, really good stuff. I only wish that more companies were taking Josh's approach, from all angles, his approach to support, and most importantly his approach to innovation. You watch his videos, and he is literally innovating from one video to the next, and always showing you everything that happens, the good and the bad, explaining why it went bad, and in the next video, if the bad wasn't the result of driver failings but instead the result of a weakness in his rig, his goes about fixing it. Great to see everything he is putting into our beloved hobby!

Ha, he even mentions my asking him about MOA in this video, and openly discusses his thoughts on it. He might be leaning towards making his own axles first, and explains why he likes drag axle so much, as that is what brings out the best in the driver.

Dude seems like cool guy 👍

Dude seems like cool guy 👍
Very much so, even other Youtube RC content creators have have had a lot of personal interactions with him, and say the exact same thing. So, even though it is a small offering, anything I can do to help out a guy like that, by buying his wares, then I will gladly do what I can. We need more people like him in the industry, certainly not less. He is just one of us, RC enthusiasts, who has excellent design skills, trying to make the most capable rig that he can, and then share his creations with the rest of us.

Back