Identify this R/C with me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukinho98

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I thought this might be a good place to ask for some help.
I'm having trouble identifying this old BMW cabriolet R/C.
It has few notable features:
• it is very old, either 90s or very early 2000s
• Made in China
• Manufactured by some company with symbol being a red letter "k"
• there is a PCB inside on which it says "FR0505"
Here are also some photos:

448602401_818493800386073_938133970691843084_n.jpg

448469467_434973736125869_867197424947671367_n.jpg

448107257_1110336060034631_5189550224590980762_n.jpg

448160243_988548389637467_5944736682812448063_n.jpg

To elaborate a little... I had this toy since I was a kid and I'm looking to buy/create a remote controller to run it again like in the good ol' days :)

Welcome to RCT! I don't know much about old cheap RC's, but you should ask WickedFog. He might know something.

Cool little car, I won't call it cheap but I will call it toy grade.
I highly doubt you will find parts for it if needed. I would put it up on a shelf and enjoy it's beauty.

Cool little car, I won't call it cheap but I will call it toy grade.
I highly doubt you will find parts for it if needed. I would put it up on a shelf and enjoy it's beauty.
Yeah, it's an old toy, by no means a "serious" R/C car. Hopefully there is some sort of universal controller or something I can find on Aliexpress or wherever...

Well, yeah. RCs weren't cheap back then.

Depending on the frequency, yes, you could go get one off Alie... Or rip the electronics out of a new car and put it in your old one. That's what I would do!
Putting in new electronics seems like the best idea at the moment, for sure.

Here is what the sticker on the bottom used to say
Screenshot_20240624_131730.jpg

I can't find any info about the actual company, or the car. It was likely some dollar store purchase back in the day. So I wouldn't bother trying to revive it. If you do an ebay search for Fengyuan (Feng Yuan maybe?) BMW, and save that search, maybe some day one will pop up on there. But it's not a toy I would invest any money in.

Good luck.

Here is what the sticker on the bottom used to say
View attachment 192990
I can't find any info about the actual company, or the car. It was likely some dollar store purchase back in the day. So I wouldn't bother trying to revive it. If you do an ebay search for Fengyuan (Feng Yuan maybe?) BMW, and save that search, maybe some day one will pop up on there. But it's not a toy I would invest any money in.

Good luck.
Thank you so much, you are a wizard for recognizing this ripped off symbol!
I get it. Thought it was worth restoring.

Most toy grade RC cars have a hz number stamped on it. Every time i used a different controller for the same toy grade car but with matching hz numbers it worked

Thank you so much, you are a wizard for recognizing this ripped off symbol!
I get it. Thought it was worth restoring.
You're welcome.

Old toys are cool and all. Like I wouldn't mind having a collection of the old Stomper trucks. Or Transformers from back in the day. But old toy RC cars are just not that collectible to me. To each their own. That's probably because I only ever had a couple toy grade RC cars when I was a kid. By 13 I already had my first hobby grade RC

You're welcome.

Old toys are cool and all. Like I wouldn't mind having a collection of the old Stomper trucks. Or Transformers from back in the day. But old toy RC cars are just not that collectible to me. To each their own. That's probably because I only ever had a couple toy grade RC cars when I was a kid. By 13 I already had my first hobby grade RC
Oh boy. I love Stompers. Also, ha haaa! I had my first hobby grade car at 11 or 12! 😁;)

Last edited:
Back