How many airplanes?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've subscribed to Flight Test for several years. The makes some pretty awesome airplanes and do some wild chit with them.
I also like the fact that we can buy the plans from his website.

I've subscribed to Flight Test for several years. The makes some pretty awesome airplanes and do some wild chit with them.
I also like the fact that we can buy the plans from his website.
I looked into building a long foam hot wire cutter for making wings a long time ago. Never went through with it though.

I built a couple foam plane but never flew them.

Is it wrong that I could really get into smashing planes like that
I know what I would build for it. Those big styrofoam gliders. We had one of those we threw at each other in the machine shop. After duct taping it back together so many times, it actually became a really tough airplane. Toss a couple jet fans on it and I think it would do some damage.

We did the streamers from the back thing a few times. Cutting those with the prop is not as easy as it looks. Of course we were trying not to kill each others planes.

I have some plans around here somewhere to build combat planes meant to be cheap and manuerverable, purpose built to be destroyed, but simple to repair.

Seen one of the worst air collisions in my life back in the 70's @ Indian city airfield. When a B52 and a F 16came together. the F 16 flew @ the B 52 nose to nose then about 80' away the F dropped altitude then straight up at a 90 degree he misjudged it went right through the fuselage cutting B in half. then it was dead from about 1975 ' straight up to easy 800' . Momentive died Turned straight into the ground,the B caught fire and crashed and Burnt. there was a scorch mark for about 3 years in the airfield

I believe we still have a local club here in Lexington that does this. A bunch of foam planes take to the sky and try to knock the others out. Looks like a lot of fun.

Wish I would seen this earlier šŸ¤£ wifey is supposed to be watching them on space of faces cause I donā€™t have it

https://www.facebook.com/Bigboytoys

(Hope link works, video 2nd post down)
Not seeing it.

I believe we still have a local club here in Lexington that does this. A bunch of foam planes take to the sky and try to knock the others out. Looks like a lot of fun.
The rc club my dad was in when he had planes had these competitions where they had to fly under a ribbon about 3' off the ground.

Another cool one was they would attach a 35mm film canister on top of the plane and put a C battery in it with a streamer. They would fly over a target and dip the plane to eject the battery and try to hit a target on the ground.

Lots of planes were harmed that day šŸ˜…

Not seeing it.

Itā€™s not really destruction lol, just a cool flying event I guess they had down there.

D19651FF-05F7-4475-AE03-28E821FFF9A3.png

It was the third post down now when I just went back, but I donā€™t know if I can see em all

Itā€™s not really destruction lol, just a cool flying event I guess they had down there.

View attachment 191791

It was the third post down now when I just went back, but I donā€™t know if I can see em all
Oh, I wasn't sure what post you were talking about. Yeah, that is pretty cool stuff.

Back