Help with identifying

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillMotion

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify this rc car.

IMG_1921.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

Via google lens, just by scanning the body, looks like a knockoff tamiya body, but is not a tamiya chassis. Most likely a knockoff of cheaper new bright type brands. Toy grade like with the brushed motor circuit board for the lights, and how the steering is setup.

Is there any branding on the bottom? That's a "toy-grade," meaning there will be limited upgrade and repair/replacement parts available. The WRX shell is nice, and even comes pre-wired with lights, probably the most valuable part of the vehicle.

Last edited:
Is there any branding on the bottom? That's a "toy-grade," meaning there will be limited upgrade and repair/replacement parts available. The WRX shell is nice, and even comes pre-wired with lights, probably the most valuable part of the vehicle.
It say AULDEY on the bottom, not sure if that means anything. I should also mention that it is very old and I am trying to find a replacement controller. Do you know what kind of controller I should get for it?

Thanks. Do you happen to know if it would be possible to replace the controller and if so what controller.

It says AULDEY on the bottom, not sure if that means anything.

It will be difficult to replace the controller without investing more into it than the end result would be worth. It doesn't even have "proportional" steering, just hard left and hard right, centered by a spring.

Kind of funny about the brand though, the other commentor said it looked like a Tamiya knockoff, well here's both company's logos:
1718920164835.png

1718920156022.png

It will be difficult to replace the controller without investing more into it than the end result would be worth. It doesn't even have "proportional" steering, just hard left and hard right, centered by a spring.

Kind of funny about the brand though, the other commentor said it looked like a Tamiya knockoff, well here's both company's logos:
View attachment 192598

View attachment 192597
Thanks. Definitely seems like a knockoff.

Toy grade, not really worth your time. Maybe get the real Tamiya version?
https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/110-4wd-shaft-drive-road-tt/rc-subaru-impreza-2/
TT02 is a higher end toy grade car. imho, not really worth your time just like what OP showed. Cause you still can't get the car to drive straight. 🙃
Id only keep the body and put it on something else. Or keep it, or have the tamiya version as a shelf queen. I'm actually planning to keep mine as a shelf queen. Wanting to make a replica of my uncles car, or his best friends scion that recently past away (RIP)

I think HPI has a rally car with a Subaru body. That might be a good upgrade if your looking something that is faster durable and the norms.

TT02 is a higher end toy grade car. imho, not really worth your time just like what OP showed. Cause you still can't get the car to drive straight. 🙃
Id only keep the body and put it on something else. Or keep it, or have the tamiya version as a shelf queen. I'm actually planning to keep mine as a shelf queen. Wanting to make a replica of my uncles car, or his best friends scion that recently past away (RIP)

I think HPI has a rally car with a Subaru body. That might be a good upgrade if your looking something that is faster durable and the norms.
Yeah, Tamiya was originally models. Their cars are not meant to be driven 😂

Yeah, Tamiya was originally models. Their cars are not meant to be driven 😂
And somehow people race them at TCS. Not sure how they do it without their cars being all over the place.
They do have higher end race grade kits, but they are super duper expensive. Even there hop ups for the TT02 are expensive, while Yeah Racing parts are cheaper (but also junk)
(I have 1 Yeah Racing part on mine, works fine. But as I said, ill leave mine on the shelf as its gonna be a replica)

As for finding a controller, every toy grade RCs I own that look exactly like this have a hz-sticker on the bottom. Every toy grade controller has also a hz sticker. As long as those are the same, my cars always worked with every controller