Getting blasted now poop what are people doing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
This poop sucks why that’s my favorite dozer to work on ehhhhh

IMG_1036.png

IMG_1041.png

IMG_1042.png

IMG_1040.png

Holy crap. I've seen a D8 buried in mud up to the top of the hood, but never a roll-over. $$$$$$$

So do you recover it or fill the hole in? Sorry for your loss.

What in the H E double toothpick are you guys doing over there. You have had an awful lot of mishaps lately. Are they trying to shut the place down or what? Overloading haulers, crushing trucks, shed fires, flippind dozers. Sheesh.

What in the H E double toothpick are you guys doing over there. You have had an awful lot of mishaps lately. Are they trying to shut the place down or what? Overloading haulers, crushing trucks, shed fires, flippind dozers. Sheesh.
Wish I could answer that for you Doom I have no idea

This is why I hate going to work a mother headache ehhh

This is why I hate going to work a mother fn headache ehhh

Last edited:
About 5 years ago, we had a D11 roll into a cavity on a pile. Driver was ok. We stripped it down to the chassis and rebuilt it on site. New cab, engine, track frames, everything. Years later, after having multiple issues with tracks and rollers wearing unevenly, we found that the pivot shaft was also bent. That's a 250mm shaft.

3418.jpg

Last edited:
About 5 years ago, we had a D11 roll into a cavity on a pile. Driver was ok. We stripped it down to the chassis and rebuilt it on site. New cab, engine, track frames, everything. Years later, after having multiple issues with tracks and rollers wearing unevenly, we found that the pivot shaft was also bent. That's a 250mm shaft.

View attachment 183820
I'm glad cat isn't like ferrari. That blue would violate the terms and conditions.😂

I actually worked on an old D7 one time doing some paint work. My uncles hard torn it down, every nut, every bolt, and rebuilt the entire dozer for some rich dude here that had a slew of CAT machinery. They were deisel mechanics for Peabody Coal Co here. They were the guys that repaired the massive draglines here.
dragline1.jpg

Last edited:
I actually worked on an old D7 one time doing some paint work. My uncles hard torn it down, every nut, every bolt, and rebuilt the entire dozer for some rich dude here that had a slew of CAT machinery.
This old? No hydraulics or electrics. Just cables, winches and gears.
1000005537.jpg

This old? No hydraulics or electrics. Just cables, winches and gears.
View attachment 183827
This was in 1990 or so maybe? And the dozer looked like it was 20 years old. Just guessing here. I know the engine was visible. Not covered like that. And it had an open canopy. It think kinda like this, but those side skirts werent over the engine
d7e-600x450 (1).png

Last edited:
I actually worked on an old D7 one time doing some paint work. My uncles hard torn it down, every nut, every bolt, and rebuilt the entire dozer for some rich dude here that had a slew of CAT machinery. They were deisel mechanics for Peabody Coal Co here. They were the guys that repaired the massive draglines here.
View attachment 183824
Draglines are huge!!! Are shovels pretty big one we had to retire had twin 18 cylinder to run it. All the rest we have are electric. Cool pic 👍

Draglines are huge!!! Are shovels pretty big one we had to retire had twin 18 cylinder to run it. All the rest we have are electric. Cool pic 👍
There was also one like this up north of me. I believe they worked there as well. Pretty crazy to see them walk. You could park a dump truck in the bucket.
unnamed (1).jpg

I remember them telling me one time about one of the huge power cables running around the mine getting vandalized. Someone came and cut a big chunk of it out, to sell for scrap they were guessing.

There was also one like this up north of me. I believe they worked there as well. Pretty crazy to see them walk. You could park a dump truck in the bucket.
View attachment 183841
I remember them telling me one time about one of the huge power cables running around the mine getting vandalized. Someone came and cut a big chunk of it out, to sell for scrap they were guessing.
When we have to walk a shovel it’s a long process. Haul roads need be shut down and these thing need to be run buy a motivator. That’s the electric ones maybe 2-3mph. I live in Arizona as some you guys know live in little town but the mine alone pulls more electricity than city of Phoenix lil fun fact Morenci mine pulls a lot power it’s crazy.