Fan set up suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeepOnKeepnOn

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Want a complete fan set up esc and motor. Summertime here it gets in the 100°s. My Rival MT10 current set up is stock mamba x esc fan and a 30mm rocket fan on the motor. I need something plug and play as I have limited time once a week. Should I run them straight to my 3 balance plug and fan suggestions also. Thanks in advance. I'm running a mamba x 1415 combo

Id run a Ubec to power all like a 20 amp one..Do run them off your balance plug thats 4.2 volts and decrease every few seconds you run rc..Every fan I've ever purchased has broken within a few run. years back I purchased a dozen high speed forgot size off amazon for like 10$ so breaking was not a big deal(as in cost)

Last edited:
Want a complete fan set up esc and motor.
Unless I'm reading this wrong, You already have a fan on the motor and the ESC, so I'm not sure why you want to replace them. Did they stop working or something? If you're just wanting to put better fans on it, then any of the high RPM fans will suffice.

Summertime here it gets in the 100°s. My Rival MT10 current set up is stock mamba x esc fan and a 30mm rocket fan on the motor.
The fans you have now are fine. I wouldn't mess with it unless they stopped working or something. I don't get too hung up on fans. They are nice, but they really only work when the rig is not in motion but once the rig stops it will help keep temps from climbing a handful of degrees when it stops running but it doesn't take more than a minute or so for that initial heat to dissipate anyway. Plus, if your rig's gearing is tuned properly, it shouldn't be getting hot enough for fans to even be warranted. :2cents:

I need something plug and play as I have limited time once a week.
All fans are pretty much plug and play. Worst case scenario, they made need different connectors on them.

Should I run them straight to my 3 balance plug and fan suggestions also.
You can run them off of anything that gives off the correct voltage.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, You already have a fan on the motor and the ESC, so I'm not sure why you want to replace them. Did they stop working or something? If you're just wanting to put better fans on it, then any of the high RPM fans will suffice.

The fans you have now are fine. I wouldn't mess with it unless they stopped working or something. I don't get too hung up on fans. They are nice, but they really only work when the rig is not in motion but once the rig stops it will help keep temps from climbing a handful of degrees when it stops running but it doesn't take more than a minute or so for that initial heat to dissipate anyway. Plus, if your rig's gearing is tuned properly, it shouldn't be getting hot enough for fans to even be warranted. :2cents:

All fans are pretty much plug and play. Worst case scenario, they made need different connectors on them.

You can run them off of anything that gives off the correct voltage.
Rig was fine in to the mid 80°s. Temps been 100° in the day and upper 80°s at night. My stock esc fan to my understanding goes on and off once it reachs 140° I think. I would like it to run constantly. But ya my winter set up does not have enough umpfff for such high ambient outdoor temps. Yes I'm geared a lil high also.

I was thinking a dual 30mm rocket fans with a power hobby mount for motor. Then just a 30mm rocket fan on the esc. Not sure which would be better. Wired to balance or to power cable. If there even is a difference. Then tinker with my gearing.

Last edited:
I would probably just gear down a tooth or two. If you do buy new fans for it, it would be interesting to see before and after temps.

Rig was fine in to the mid 80°s. Temps been 100° in the day and upper 80°s at night. My stock esc fan to my understanding goes on and off once it reachs 140° I think. I would like it to run constantly.
Theres really no reason for it to run constantly unless you just want it to. When the rig is moving it is being mostly cooled by the air from the motion of the rigand if the ESC is below the point when the fan kicks on, then it doesn't need the fan anyway.

But ya my winter set up does not have enough umpfff for such high ambient outdoor temps. Yes I'm geared a lil high also.
I agree with WF, just drop a couple teeth on your pinion instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

I was thinking a dual 30mm rocket fans with a power hobby mount for motor. Then just a 30mm rocket fan on the esc.
The High RPM fans are nice to use.

Not sure which would be better. Wired to balance or to power cable. If there even is a difference. Then tinker with my gearing.
I'd run the power from the RX is possible, or possibly the Fan port on the ESC. Technically, though, you can hook it up anywhere that will give you the proper voltage.

Thanks gonna take yalls advice.