David's Battery inventory

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor RC Showcase: 6
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Ever do battery inventory? Like check how your batteries are doing? Well here is my check list.
PXL_20240602_234609311~2.jpg
PXL_20240602_234616077~2.jpg
PXL_20240602_231453148.jpg
PXL_20240602_231419194.jpg
PXL_20240602_231414568.jpg

I have a list of my batteries, but I don't track their internal performance like that... I don't race either, so it's not as important to me.

If I notice a degradation in performance, I'll check the cell details then, otherwise.

Those top three batteries i would throw in the trash
The top three batteries are quite small and will naturally have higher cell resistances compared to the bigger 5000+mAh packs. For example the Losi B lipo is actually in good condition. I have 6 of those batteries, and even the 2 brand new one have a bit higher IRs than David's.

For example the Losi B lipo is actually in good condition. I have 6 of those batteries, and even the 2 brand new one have a bit higher IRs than David's.
Maybe cause I charge them at higher rates. Normal would be 1C which would be .6A, .65A, ect. I charge those, and the 1100 packs at 3 amps. *** Do this at your own risk***

Since I don't have a bigger more power kind of charger, my bigger packs for my 10th scales like my 5200mah, 7200mah, ect, thats why it might be slightly higher IR. I charge those packs at 10A. The max that my charger can do is 11A charging 2 2S batteries at the same time. Like Ryan said in the video, he uses 40A charge and 30A discharge so thats how he and other pros can get the IRs very low and balanced.?

Last edited:
Data logger indeed you are DavidB1126. I usually note any off the wall IR numbers when packs are new and broken-in. I know it is sometimes not possible, but if I start seeing IR numbers going higher than I think they should be, I'll get another reading from another charger to compare findings.

Stock/spec classes "Speed Secrets"... $$$. I think it has always been a battle of the best battery thing. The best times I ever had racing was when handout motors and 1400/1700mAh were a thing... at least everyone was running the same motor.

I just had to put down my last ZD Racing 4000 2S 25C pack the other day. I only used it in low powered stadium truck. It was just acting weird during charging and use. IR numbers in high 20's. Oddball stick pack that I had to use extra piece of foam to secure in battery trays, and plus... it was from 2011-ish time frame.