1:10 engine on 1:8 chassis nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driftexpert

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Can I build nitro rc car using 1:10 nitro engine? Kyosho gx12 on 1/8 chassis. I don't think there is big size difference on 1/10 and 1/8

That's the beauty of this hobby, anything is possible.
I say give it a shot and post pics along the way.

Can I build nitro rc car using 1:10 nitro engine? Kyosho gx12 on 1/8 chassis. I don't think there is big size difference on 1/10 and 1/8

You totally can, but you may discover that there's a roughly 2:1 "size" and power difference between 1/8 and 1/10th scale vehicles. 1/10 scales use "small block" nitro engines in the .12-.18 and 1/8th tend to use "big block" engines with .21-.32 and up, that can be twice as powerful.

It's a lot more common to swap 1/8 scale engines into 1/10 scale cars to produce supercars, like the famous Schumacher Fusion .21.

You totally can, but you may discover that there's a roughly 2:1 "size" and power difference between 1/8 and 1/10th scale vehicles. 1/10 scales use "small block" nitro engines in the .12-.18 and 1/8th tend to use "big block" engines with .21-.32 and up, that can be twice as powerful.

It's a lot more common to swap 1/8 scale engines into 1/10 scale cars to produce supercars, like the famous Schumacher Fusion .21.
This is a 1:8 chassis. So I got only that 1:10 engine. Yea that's right that 1:8 is for more big engine but I think this 1:8 doesn't looks too big. I want something used chassis because got engine and want to make my owns rc car. And I m not able to find any used or damaged 1:10 chassis to rebuild.

Sorry for bad English 😅 not a my first language

Screenshot_2024-06-13-23-05-26-925_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

This is a 1:8 chassis. So I got only that 1:10 engine. Yea that's right that 1:8 is for more big engine but I think this 1:8 doesn't looks too big. I want something used chassis because got engine and want to make my owns rc car. And I m not able to find any used or damaged 1:10 chassis to rebuild.

Sorry for bad English 😅 not a my first language

View attachment 191962

Nice, I didn't mean to be negative - it's totally doable, I would just pick a larger small block like a .18, and use a large gear reduction.

The HPI WR8 is a 1/8th scale nitro with a .18 that handles it nicely, pretty similar proportions to the chassis you've got there.

Back